VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wait time Update

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Lead Moderator

So I just wanted to VENT!  I know the VA is updating to the new VA.gov, and since my appeal has been moved there it has stated 7-17 months is the typical waiting time to have this completed.  I check today and it is updated with 16-29 months.  I am glad they are getting closer to an actual time frame, but it is very aggravating!  

My suggestion is to not check ebenefits so often, OR, if you do, dont even look at the dates.  They are not accurate anyway, so YOU can choose to stress over this, OR, you can choose to let it go.  

I elect to check ebenefits, but pretty much ignore their dates.  I view the "date estimates" on ebenefits as a "number" no more significant than your social security number.  

In other words if my ssn ends in 3745, and yours ends in 3254, this means our ssn's have a difference of 491 if you subtract your last 4 from mine.  What does that number mean?  Well, nothing.  I need to remember my ssn, but, its just a number and means nothing else.  Of course, these are not our actual ssn last 4..they dont matter!!  We do have 1 unique number, tho, and we have to give it to the doc when he asks.  Treat the "date number" with ebenefits the same way, it means "nothing".  They have to put a number in there, but that future date they put in has little to do with when your claim will be completed.  

Edited by broncovet

These dates are meaningless.  I have a date of 395 days for my NOD, it was 365 previously.  They check it every month.  Why can't they just do the decision when they check it?

• Lead Moderator
4 hours ago, vetquest said:

These dates are meaningless.  I have a date of 395 days for my NOD, it was 365 previously.  They check it every month.  Why can't they just do the decision when they check it?

What is funny is at the remand stage they are waiting on a few pieces of paper to make a decision. It just boggles my mind.