VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5 years and 11 months later VA.Gov says GRANTED IU but a question

Rate this question

TMannfish

Question

Hello... THis is only my second post here but I visit often when I have questions to read others experiences.  Today I have a question... After 5 years and 11 months, VA.Gov reads that my appeal for IU was granted.  My question is about T and P though. 

I have been rated at 90% since May 2013.  I filed an appeal for IU and that is what the decision has been made on.  However, during the hearing the judge and my representative seemed to be leading toward a T and P claim.  I have seen where the veteran will file for an IU claim and when the decision comes it states IS TOTAL AND PERMANANT.  I am unable to see anything of Ebenefits or VA>Gov right now, says its all being updated. 

My VA.Gov states GRANTED  100% Rating for  Individual Unemployability 

Is it possible to be granted T and P when you did not originally file for that and it was not part of your appeal??

Thank you to all of you

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes.  

Generally, you dont "apply" for P and T.  The VA awards it whenever they award AND, they decide you are P and T.  

However, we often say here not to rely upon Vets.gov or ebenefits, because that information is often out of date or just plain wrong.   So, you are going to just have to wait for the official envelope to know for sure.  

CCK law explains TDIU: https://cck-law.com/news/tdiu-permanent/

You wont know for sure if you are P and T until you get the envelope and read it.  

So I got the brown envelope today and called Washington to confirm what the judge had stated.... The letter in the envelope was not straight forward as to P and T but Washington reports I do have P and T and I'm eligible for all 100% rated benefits!!!  After 6 years of stress and worry this is finally nearing an end.  

Ebenefits and Va.Gov have not updated and the retro has not hit my account yet but still such a sigh of relief!! 

Thank you to all of you for your input to my questions recently

Congratulations!!  For P and T, the VA has a "code language" to prevent Veterans from getting too many benefits.  

Codes for P and T (on your VARO decision):  "No future exams are scheduled".  

or "Eligibility to Chapter 35 is established".  

Of course, outside of VA these terms are not the same as "P and T".  How would a state government worker, say, working in the place where taxes are collected, know what "no future exams are scheduled" means?  Answer:  They likely would not, and would require VA to send a letter confirming P and T.  The result is many more delays.  Thanks VA for making up your own lingo, often resulting in additional frustrations and additional delays for Veterans.  A simple, "permanent and total" would suffice, many dont know how to "convert" VA lingo into English.