Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

*UPDATE* RFE Major Depressive disorder

Rate this question

AirForceVetsWife

Question

Update so far...husband just got called back by the doctor, he said my wife is here with me, the doctor looked at me and said "I'd like to see him alone, please"

Doesn't give me good feelings. 

He's been anxious this whole 2.5 hour drive. He's been quiet. He's been anxious in this waiting room. 

He said he believes it went well. He said the doctor suggested highly that he sees someone. He said he had to ask if he could close the blinds because he was uncomfortable, he said he was taking quite a bit of notes. I hate I wasn't in there but my husband said it seemed very favorable. Hopefully he's right. 

Hi all!

My husband is going in next Thursday for a C&P for his SC major depressive disorder. He's at 70% now and I guess I'm looking to calm our nerves. His effective date was June of 2013 so well over 5 years. To me, I see symptoms everyday. I've written a letter that's in his file now. When he first went in for the initial exam in 2013, he didn't even ask for depression...they asked him the questions and then bam 70% major depressive disorder. He thought he was just answering routine exam questions. I'm just worried over this exam. I know it's out of our control on if we get a good person to do this C&P but I've read all the things about it being over 5 years and they would more than likely need more than one exam to prove he's better. I don't see that's he's better. The only issue is he's so stubborn about it and hasn't really seen anyone for this issue and I'm afraid that'll be a huge thing. 

Just looking to calm my nerves. 

Thank you!

Edited by AirForceVetsWife

I also read over the first post here- you said:

I dont understand this:

. "When he first went in for the initial exam in 2013, he didn't even ask for depression...they asked him the questions and then bam 70% major depressive disorder. He thought he was just answering routine exam questions. I'm just worried over this exam."

what was his initial claim for,----- if he "didnt ask for depression?"

@Berta that is some really interesting information. I really appreciate you sharing that information! And you know, I didn't even think of the beta blocker being for anxiety. And I don't know why, my doctor put me on a beta blocker for migraines and said it should also help "mellow" someone out as they're used for anxiety!

He was initially just 10% for his shoulder, he had a bicep slap tear in service during PT, it was fixed, his supervisor/pt supervisor told him he didn't care if he was on a profile and made him do push-ups, tear happened again, they were going to fix it and the. The air Force decided no we are doing a drawn down anyway, just head on out with out your shoulder being fixed 

Then I think it was his VSO put in a claim for depression. My husband didn't, he really didn't accept the fact that he had depression, never talked of it after the military diagnosed it. And then that claim was put in, he did the C&P not even really trying to answer the questions, if that makes sense..just kind of the general, yea I'm not too interested in things I used to be, yea I feel kind of distant. And they said 70% right off the bat. Like the claim was for depression, but he didn't put in for it. I guess a case of he didn't realize he was that bad off.