Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

*UPDATE* RFE Major Depressive disorder

Rate this question

AirForceVetsWife

Question

Update so far...husband just got called back by the doctor, he said my wife is here with me, the doctor looked at me and said "I'd like to see him alone, please"

Doesn't give me good feelings. 

He's been anxious this whole 2.5 hour drive. He's been quiet. He's been anxious in this waiting room. 

He said he believes it went well. He said the doctor suggested highly that he sees someone. He said he had to ask if he could close the blinds because he was uncomfortable, he said he was taking quite a bit of notes. I hate I wasn't in there but my husband said it seemed very favorable. Hopefully he's right. 

Hi all!

My husband is going in next Thursday for a C&P for his SC major depressive disorder. He's at 70% now and I guess I'm looking to calm our nerves. His effective date was June of 2013 so well over 5 years. To me, I see symptoms everyday. I've written a letter that's in his file now. When he first went in for the initial exam in 2013, he didn't even ask for depression...they asked him the questions and then bam 70% major depressive disorder. He thought he was just answering routine exam questions. I'm just worried over this exam. I know it's out of our control on if we get a good person to do this C&P but I've read all the things about it being over 5 years and they would more than likely need more than one exam to prove he's better. I don't see that's he's better. The only issue is he's so stubborn about it and hasn't really seen anyone for this issue and I'm afraid that'll be a huge thing. 

Just looking to calm my nerves. 

Thank you!

Edited by AirForceVetsWife

• HadIt.com Elder

You will,  do fine. Relax as much as you can, be honest, be polite, but most important, believe in yourself. A lot of people are pulling for you!

@GBArmyReally appreciate it!

I keep telling myself, I don't need to worry, I can see the symptoms still screaming at me out of my husband. They're all there and based on how he answers the questions with things like he feels dull all day every day. He doesn't want to be around anyone, he doesn't want to deal with anything, doesn't want to do anything...he isn't better. I just keep trying to rationalize. Its like I'm already predicting they'll reduce

Air ForceVets Wife-I think one of your recent  posts got lost in this thread-

how do you feel the exam went?

I am kind of hoping the diagnosis would be changed to PTSD with depression.

Remember you can appeal any decision that does not seem fair or correct.

How long did the exam take? Did your husband talk about any of it to you?

@Berta I feel like it went well. He was in there for about 30 minutes. The doctor wouldn't let me come back but my husband said he thinks it worked out better that way. He said he took notes the whole time and after h told him how he felt and answered all his questions the doctor said he highly suggests he get into therapy with how bad his anxieties and feelings are. So I don't feel like he's going to say he's better.

I wasnt to happy that I was asked you wait in the waiting room, I wanted to be able to hear it all. But my husband said he really feels it went well and he was very honest and just hearing his answers..i don't think even I knew it was as bad as he's describing.

He said he got into the room and he stood up and asked if he could close the blinds and the doctor asked if he was uncomfortable and he said yes, very. He said work is difficult and he has to try an adapter himself to whatever situation is going on and put on a facade...that that's why he quits and goes to a different job alot of times. He said he isolates himself alot, he can't be out around large groups like the grocery store for a long period or his anxiety sky rockets. He told him how he only drives if he has to, I do any driving, he only goes 5 miles to work and back and that's all. 

I'm confident