Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suggestions needed for new Representation

Rate this question

Ronc531

Question

Would like to change the person that is representing me, not happy at all with him.

I live in Alaska so limited local choices, any recommendations? I know it will depend on the person I get but I am sure some places are better than others. 

I am going to have to check my notification here, I didn't see any notifications of the new replies to my post.

thanks everyone.

is it best to start new posts if I have other questions or should i just stay on my original post and ask new questions?

• HadIt.com Elder

It does get complicated...I suggest you hire an EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY or VA ACCREDITED CERTIFIED CLAIMS AGENT.

seems like they have low-balled you.

Did any of these surgery's keep you from working  or any other condtion's these surgery's possible caused?and are you still working   ect,,,ect,,

Request your C-File first thing and your military records  in-service and medical records, look on Myheathevet for any  notes the VA Dr's have written up in there medical reports  that may help your claims.

you may want to check on the 1151 claims   after 40 years and your only 10% something sure don't seem right.

Seems that knee surgery would complicate things  for you for secondary claims?

I will be gone most of the day  at the VAMC  but other members on here can help you  broncovet and Vetquest are very good with helping veterans and have experienced some of this that you are experiencing .

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

9 hours ago, Ronc531 said:

Like I said before it all seems so complicated, I can see why people just give up. so many forms and in's and outs, and appeals to getting your rating. 

If you notice, in the lower left hand corner of your post or reply, there is a little circle and an x and next to it Notify me of replies. Check the x and you will get an email whenever there is a reply to your post. I can really appreciate your feelings of being overwhelmed by the complication of this claim stuff. I originally filed in 1978 and was turned down, felt humiliated and ashamed that I'd even applied. That was a big mistake on my part. One thing I've learned with the VA is never give up. I too hired an attorney, and surprisingly after I did, I was awarded 50%. I'd been turned down before. I did have to pay out of the settlement I got, but it's better paying 30% than getting nothing. Good luck!

16 hours ago, Buck52 said:

It does get complicated...I suggest you hire an EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY or VA ACCREDITED CERTIFIED CLAIMS AGENT.

seems like they have low-balled you.

Did any of these surgery's keep you from working  or any other condtion's these surgery's possible caused?and are you still working   ect,,,ect,,

Request your C-File first thing and your military records  in-service and medical records, look on Myheathevet for any  notes the VA Dr's have written up in there medical reports  that may help your claims.

you may want to check on the 1151 claims   after 40 years and your only 10% something sure don't seem right.

Seems that knee surgery would complicate things  for you for secondary claims?

I will be gone most of the day  at the VAMC  but other members on here can help you  broncovet and Vetquest are very good with helping veterans and have experienced some of this that you are experiencing .

Thanks Buck52, yes I am working. some of my surgeries were scoped and i was off work for a couple weeks some they had to go in and lay my knee wide open to get all of the tumors out, thoughs laid me off work for a while, but in my younger days always tried to bounce back as fast as I could.

Part of my problem is that a number of my surgeries were done by private doctor in private hospitals and honestly I don't remember some of their names. I was surprised that the VA can't find my records since they authorised and paid for everything. All i have been able to find is what I had done in Alaska at the VA hospital. 

I moved around a lot in my younger days so I had things done in different towns and different states.

I have neuropathy in both legs, a bad rt knee, bad left knee, my thigh is numb and i have been told that is probably my sciatic (sp back thing) nerve, diabetic, sleep apnea, and bad arthritis in my hands.

I do think this is all connected to my rt knee. I had to faver my knee and lean on my left knee for years, and having a hard time being able to workout i am overweight and diabetic which is one of the causes of neuropathy.  the arthritis in my hands may not have anything to do with the rt knee.

Sorry for rambling on here but helps to get it out sometimes.

my wife had to tell him that I qualified for 100% after my knee surgery and even had to give him the code."

Did you actually get the temporary convalesence 100 %  pay? 

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.