VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are the medical VA people who treat you really employed by the VA?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://www.accesstocare.va.gov/ourproviders

This is one of the most important links I have put here over the past 2 decades.

You have a right to know , and you also have to realize that these contracting medical people filling our VAMCs, do not fall under FTCA or Section 1151, if they malpractice on you.

They have to be sued in a Federal District Court.

The medical evidence would still have to be the same as to the malpractice, and maybe even stronger,  but VA knows we are familiar with FTCA/ 1151 and this prevents advocates from helping any veteran who has malpractice issues,due to a contractor , from getting the right information and help on thse types of charges,

because we do not deal with ,nor are we trained in ,dealing with the Federal District Court System.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Great Information Ms berta, I saved this link for future reference.

https://www.accesstocare.va.gov/ourproviders

Thanks 

Buck, do the medical contractors at your VAMC identify themselves in any way ( on badge or lanyard) that they are contractors but not VA employees?

I asked a local VAMC retiree but he said just that Docs wear Red Badges and Nurses wear Blue badges.

As you know, that information could be critical for any vet with potential 1151 or FTCA malpractice claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

The Dr's that are employed by the VA usually has their credentials embroidery on their coat/jacket. OR pin that has their title as what type of medical professional they are.

if not ,I always ask them if they are employed by the VA or contracted by the VA...they usually tell me.

My PCP is employed by the VA and most all my MH Clinic Drs Are employed by the VA

I find in most cases  the specialty clinics are the contracted out employees and the Residents in training., most of the residents work under the VA employee Dr paid by the VA.

Dental Clinic and Dermatology is where most of the Dr's work that are contracted out Dr's

I am not sure about the Cardiology Clinics?

I had a Certified NP  set me up with a Nucular Stress Test  and I am not sure she was a VA Employee or Not?

I read that the C & P s used to cost VA $400 each but that figure is now up to $900 per C & P exam.

QTC Medical Services, Inc, a Leidos company (NYSE: LDOS), was awarded four prime contracts by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to continue to provide medical disability examinations for the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA). The multiple award, fixed-unit-price, indefinite delivery/ indefinite quantity contracts have a one-year base period of performance and nine option years with a total aggregate estimated ceiling value of approximately $7 billion, if all options are exercised. These awards are in addition to the previous award of VBA’s only nationwide contract supporting disability examinations for separating and retiring Department of Defense Servicemembers.”

https://www.fedhealthit.com/2019/01/qtc-medical-services-a-leidos-company-awarded-7b-in-prime-contracts-at-va-to-support-disability-examinations/

$ 900 Bucks from the VA ,for a potential lousy C & P exam, that might cost the veteran thousands with a strong IMO/IME to overcome a $900 exam.

What is wrong with that picture-EVERTHING