VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension: How far back in Order to Claim?

Rate this question

VietNamVet1969

Question

My hypertension started perhaps 10 years ago? I finished my term in VietNam in 1969.

But so far, all I have found is 2018 with BP readings at and around 165/100/74 and the like. I see that the Diastolic is only in the 10% disability range, and with meds I am moving well below toward 144/103/86 down to 114/80/88 range.

So with BP meds I am improving. So can I go back to before meds, if I can find the records on my cd, in order to Service Connect?

And by the way, I have records show only from Basic training then nothing for Viet Nam, then again starting in 2010-ish? Still reading a huge volume on the cd

To add, they are considering more additional disabilities to the AO presumptive list.

God knows how long that will take.

Unfortunately many Blue Water Navy vets ( and their survivors) are still unaware of the BWN AO regulations. Every few days I get email from small liocal newspapers , referring to these new regulations.

But this important info  never appears on TV (except when Sec wilkie mentioned HR 299, quite some time ago on Fox News) and many BWN vets or their survivors are still unaware of their potential for an award under AO BWN regs.

The VA states it has decided many BWN claim due to their search of Navy claims that would reveal a past AO presumptive that was denied, and that also reveal the veteran's ship was on the AO Ship' list from VA, and/or the veteran's Deck logs put the within the 12 mile coastal  limit of Vietnam during the Vietnam War.

Due to a situation here recently I only spend my time at hadit, collecting hard copy data I need for another serious issue , but I will gladly address any AO related issues.

AO has been the most important veteran's issue of my life.

I fear many BWN AO vets will never see a dime, under the new regs, because they will die, before they can even file a claim,  and that those claims will need to come from their survivors, and everything they need to know is here in the AO forum and the DIC forum to include "accrued" regulations, etc etc etc.

Edited by Berta
spelling

16 hours ago, Marine Corp 69/70 said:

All I was saying buy the time the VA get there ass in gear we will all be dead. So if you have a sc to link your high blood pressure go of it and save the anxiety being piss off at the va grabbing there ass over agent Orange that should of been done thirty years ago.

Yes I understood your meaning and thank you for that, but I don't have any Service Connected conditions to tie my HBP to it.