VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension: How far back in Order to Claim?

Rate this question

VietNamVet1969

Question

My hypertension started perhaps 10 years ago? I finished my term in VietNam in 1969.

But so far, all I have found is 2018 with BP readings at and around 165/100/74 and the like. I see that the Diastolic is only in the 10% disability range, and with meds I am moving well below toward 144/103/86 down to 114/80/88 range.

So with BP meds I am improving. So can I go back to before meds, if I can find the records on my cd, in order to Service Connect?

And by the way, I have records show only from Basic training then nothing for Viet Nam, then again starting in 2010-ish? Still reading a huge volume on the cd

• HadIt.com Elder

VietNamVet1969 I'm not sure,  but it looks like you have tagged onto a posting from last year. Maybe you should start a ne topic so we (or at least, I) don't get confused. 

• HadIt.com Elder

VietNamVet1969 I'm not sure,  but it looks like you have tagged onto a posting from last year. Maybe you should start a new topic so we (or at least, I) don't get confused. 

Edited by GBArmy
typo

11 hours ago, Marine Corp 69/70 said:

I had boot on the ground in Vietnam, but to wait for the Va (BS) l went for high blood pressure secondary sleep apnea and PTSD. SC connect with a C&P no BS.

Good call Marine Corp 69/70, I'll look into that

• HadIt.com Elder

VietNamVet1969

what exactly is your question?

do you have a service connected condition  that you want to service connect another condition that your first S.C. Condition is caused from or related to?

Like if you have s.c. rating for PTSD  and you have problems sleeping and you snore  or your spouse has had to wake you up in the middle of the night because you stopped breathing  ect,,,ect,,   then all you need to do is let your VA PCP know this   they usually will send you to a sleep clinic to see if you have sleep apnea  if you do then after your diagnose for OSA AND THEY SAY YOU NEED TO MEDICALLY USE A C-PAP MACHINE  DUE TO YOUR PTSD MEDICATIONS   THEN YOU CAN FILE A SECONDARY CLAIM FOR Sleep Apnea  due to your PTSD AND THE MEDICATIONS YOU TAKE FOR IT

Now of course this all will need to be nexus by a qualified Dr  like a M.H. Dr (Phyistrist) to state your SLEEP APNEA  is likely as not related to or cause by your S.C. PTSD and the meds you take  (he needs to name the meds.

in this case you would need to file a secondary claim for sleep apnea due to your PTSD.

Edited by Buck52