VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension: How far back in Order to Claim?

Rate this question

VietNamVet1969

Question

My hypertension started perhaps 10 years ago? I finished my term in VietNam in 1969.

But so far, all I have found is 2018 with BP readings at and around 165/100/74 and the like. I see that the Diastolic is only in the 10% disability range, and with meds I am moving well below toward 144/103/86 down to 114/80/88 range.

So with BP meds I am improving. So can I go back to before meds, if I can find the records on my cd, in order to Service Connect?

And by the way, I have records show only from Basic training then nothing for Viet Nam, then again starting in 2010-ish? Still reading a huge volume on the cd

Thanks Buc52,

Nope I don't have any serviced-connected, SC, condition for hypertention or HBP. I am merely asking if after 2 years of posting this question, has there been any progress on the VA (Wilke) making it a presumptive condition to AO.

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, VietNamVet1969 said:

Thanks Buc52,

Nope I don't have any serviced-connected, SC, condition for hypertention or HBP. I am merely asking if after 2 years of posting this question, has there been any progress on the VA (Wilke) making it a presumptive condition to AO.

Roger that

I think they have made a few changes  for presumption claims, I know the blue water Navy guys/gals got approved for the A.O. Presumption  and I think they did add a couple more conditions to A.0.List that is the  Cause or related to A.O.

Berta will know she keeps up with that and advocated for Blue Water Navy personal.

Roger that

I think they have made a few changes  for presumption claims, I know the blue water Navy guys/gals got approved for the A.O. Presumption  and I think they did add a couple more conditions to A.0.List that is the  Cause or related to A.O.

Berta will know she keeps up with that and advocated for Blue Water Navy personal.

I find it hard to believe that in time, hopefully sooner, that if off-shore personnel deserve it, certainly boots-on-the-ground personnel will too. I recall driving supply trucks out to the boonies, and on the way watching the C-130's spraying as we drove past and by the next day the fields of Nippipalm were eroding as if hit by a fire. Powerfully toxic chemical.

All I was saying buy the time the VA get there ass in gear we will all be dead. So if you have a sc to link your high blood pressure go of it and save the anxiety being piss off at the va grabbing there ass over agent Orange that should of been done thirty years ago.

There are other posts on AO HBP in our AO forum.

There are also more recent BVA awards I posted ( AO HBP) and also many remands, that might need an IMO/IME.

I believe I posted also how I shaped my claim. the evidence I used, ( accrued claim-I am the widow of an AO veteran)and of course I intend to succeed.

Unlike former VA Secretary's, Secretary Wilkie has not replied to my letter yet ,asking him to consider the  NAM report 's findings.He did send a copy of it to my VARO.

I used a copy of a VA Central Office Medical Opinion dated 1998 ( from my FTCA case) to support my AO HBP claim, the initial rating sheets of my deceased husband's HBP and gave them the amount of accrued compensation, by year, that they owe me, as accrued.

They did award his HBP as an accrued claim ( under 1151) due to my past CUE on it, but said they don't owe me any money because I got enough $$$ already. I have filed a CUE on that as well, in addition to the separate AO HBP claim.

The BVA awards- there might be even more by now, reveal how the veteran won their case at BVA. They all used the same  report.

https://www.nap.edu/resource/25137/111318_VAO_summary_table.pdf

In one of my posts in other AO forum  I gave the exact page, from the study , and also statement from the VA as to using medical treatises, studys , and/or reports. They cannot overlook or ignore any claim based on the NAP findings.If they do, it is a prime facie CUE.