Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do I have to quit my job?

Rate this question

Splinter

Question

Hello everyone. See Below for what I received from VA

A little about me currently. I have a job that is very low stress (work nights no people no stress) very secure because I work in a mountain so im surrounded by granite. I work on computers so it engages my mind and keeps me as active as possible and is my passion. So my question is do I have to quit my job? Thanks!

June 23, 1999 June 30, 2019

VA Benefit InformationSummary of benefit informationYou have one or more service-connected disabilities:Yes         Your combined service-connected evaluation is:100%               You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:Yes           The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:July 01, 2019

major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS                    100%                          Service Connected

SMC-S1

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraine including migraine variants, tinnitus, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 07/01/2019.

SMC-K1

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraine including migraine variants, tinnitus, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 07/01/2019.

Thanks all!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes as long as your not on TDIU P&T. 

Thats what kills me from working ( if I wanted to and could work)....I probably could work from home on the computer  but  if the VA finds out which they will with a IRS 1099 Tax form  they usually will send the veteran a proposal to reduce letter....WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR.

but if your NOT TDIU P&T  or Just IU   your not suppose to be working , they do make exceptions for IU Veterans that can work with their disability but that's in a rare case.

Now you being Rated 100% severe PTSD  S.C.  and SMC S  H.B.  I am not 100% sure on a Mental Health Condition like 100% PTSD??? if you can work or not?

if your in doubt about your ratings and rather or not you can work and still be ok and draw your 100% and SMC's  YOU NEED TO CALL THE 1-800 and ask them to look on the VBMS Computer and check that for you ? & if anyone on the other end of the phone tells you you'' CAN ''work  with what your rated for  then ask them to send you a  Email Confirmation to Confirm it.

If you can find an environment that can manage to accommodate your limitations, go for it. The number of jobs that can and or will, however, are so few that a person may as well be y unemployed by definition. Also, VA looks at employment as meaningful gainful employment- if you make less than poverty level wages it shouldn't flag anything. My therapist says my limited working is a good thing but by no means does it change the fact that under about 98% of circumstances I'm unemployable.

20 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

If you can find an environment that can manage to accommodate your limitations, go for it. The number of jobs that can and or will, however, are so few that a person may as well be y unemployed by definition. Also, VA looks at employment as meaningful gainful employment- if you make less than poverty level wages it shouldn't flag anything. My therapist says my limited working is a good thing but by no means does it change the fact that under about 98% of circumstances I'm unemployable.

this does not apply to the OP. He is 100% SCHEDULAR. He is NOT IU.

It is the same old myth. Some joker told him that because his 100% rating is for Mental Health then he  cannot work.

That is total B.S.

He also fails to understand that SMC(s) has two types, Statutory and Actual. Statutory is a numbers game. Actual means you cannot leave your home most of the time.

Thanks everyone for all the information. I got tired of the worrying and the back and forth so I called and heard from the horses mouth. I am allowed to work as much or as little as I want no limitations at all. I asked them to send me a letter stating such so in case I am ever audited or whatever I have proof. Again thank you for all of your help!!! I am so relieved 

1 minute ago, Splinter said:

am allowed to work as much or as little as I want no limitations at all

usually I hate to say I told you so, but too many people were giving you a myth and that was making you worry about nothing.

Glad you got it straight.