Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do I have to quit my job?

Rate this question

Splinter

Question

Hello everyone. See Below for what I received from VA

A little about me currently. I have a job that is very low stress (work nights no people no stress) very secure because I work in a mountain so im surrounded by granite. I work on computers so it engages my mind and keeps me as active as possible and is my passion. So my question is do I have to quit my job? Thanks!

June 23, 1999 June 30, 2019

VA Benefit InformationSummary of benefit informationYou have one or more service-connected disabilities:Yes         Your combined service-connected evaluation is:100%               You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:Yes           The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:July 01, 2019

major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS                    100%                          Service Connected

SMC-S1

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraine including migraine variants, tinnitus, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 07/01/2019.

SMC-K1

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraine including migraine variants, tinnitus, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 07/01/2019.

Thanks all!

• HadIt.com Elder
1 minute ago, Splinter said:

Yea I called the VA and asked. I got tired of the back and forth. Every YouTube video, every forum, (except this one) everything I googled I was getting conflicting results. Some say yes your golden! Some say no don’t they can charge you with fraud, they can reduce your ratings, they could make u pay it all back... etc so with all that negativity in mind I was freaking out. 

When I called them the woman on the phone said “there is nothing in your record that indicates that you are not allowed to work” so then I asked can I work and make as much as I want she replied “yes” so then I asked can I get that in writing? She said we don’t do that usually but can send a request to your Regional Office and the will draft that up and email it to you . She also made a note on my file saying the same stuff. 

Roger that!

Sometimes the Best VSO's or other forums can make mistakes , so its best to get a confirmation from the horses mouth (The VA)

Hadit is and has always been the best forum for claims advise.

Lets hope that your R.O. does what she ask...&

Hope you get a letter from your R.O. to Confirm This,.....>  just to be safe.

Good Luck.

Good luck and carry on! As you were, Tut Tut stiff upper lip and all that! Not having to worry about primary income! I used to work for cash as a DJ in an adult club, and for a year I made shoe orthotics. You have the freedom to be discerning and pick interesting jobs now.

Edited by brokensoldier244th

3 hours ago, Splinter said:

Every YouTube video, every forum, (except this one) everything I googled I was getting conflicting results. Some say yes your golden! Some say no don’t they can charge you with fraud, they can reduce your ratings, they could make u pay it all back... etc so with all that negativity in mind I was freaking out. 

like I said that myth lives on.

as for the fraud thing, well any vet who commits fraud against the VA in making a claim is subject to those possibilities. It would be nice to think all vets were perfect; not racists, not criminals, not selfish, not spouse abusers, etc.. but the reality is our population has the same distribution of those those bad type people as the civilian population does.

The words in the law that describe 100% are the prorogation point for the myth, but getting congress to clarify just that point is a lost cause. 

Just keep in mind anytime any one starts playing out doomsday scenarios about any question you ask...take their opinion with a jaundiced view.

• HadIt.com Elder

It would help if some asshat didn't propose reducing VA benefits every year because 'entitlements'....

Now boys, if they did do that it would take some of the fun out of complaining...