Pat a Burke

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

If the records are missing I would go take the exam again, it's free.  https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/publications/agent-orange/agent-orange-summer-2017/registry.asp

Do you have a health problem that may be related to Agent Orange?

Edited by toddt
corect sentence

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have any of the presumptive diseases to Agent Orange, you should be putting in a disability claim  whether you are in the resestery or not. I asked my VA doc about it because I got such a run around trying to get on that I quit trying. My doc told me that it really didn't matter as I was a Vietnam veteran and I already had a s-c presumptive disease. She said that any health issues that I had are flagged as of my Vietnam status. I don't know how accurate she was but based on that I didn't pursue any further. 

• HadIt.com Elder
On 8/26/2019 at 6:24 PM, Pat a Burke said:

How do I know for sure I am on the Agent Orange Registery.  I am a Viet Nam Vet with boots on the ground. I took an exam at Sepulveda VA Hospital mid 1980's but those records are missing.

You took the A.O. Registry Exam in the 1980's? I didn't know they had that going back then/

I took mine in 2000 and  the examiner mention they just started the A.O. Registry in 1999...but that may have just been at my VAMC which is Dallas Tx   the second /second largest VAMC in the Nation TIED With Bob Stump VAMC in Az

After further research I stand corrected. Dallas is just a 2 star rated Hospital they are several VAMC rated 4&5 stars ahead of Dallas VAMC  mostly in the east but Dallas is showing improvment. eh!

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Note*

Being in the A.O. Registry  don't necessary mean your assured or guaranteed a claim...

Most A.O. Claims are Presumption claims now days , you still need evidence medical evidence    you just don't have to prove Boots on the ground  in the  registry or not .

DD 214 WLL HAVE YOUR VIETNAM SERVICE ON IT ALONG WITH LOCATION OF YOUR UNIT THATS BASICLLY ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED BEING A VIETNAM VETERAN. ALONG WITH THE  A.O. PRESUMPTION DISEASES  FROM YOUR VA Dr.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!