Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Corticosteroid Injections

Rate this question

Robert 53

Question

I was seem by a Doctor because of my left knee, the doctor stated that Corticosteroid Injections be done, but after read three Doctors notes,

I say no way and the VA has turn me down three times.  I have  arthritis, degenerative joint disease, and a bakers cyst.  to up my %.  I can no

longer work and had leave my job after the place I worked started a PT test for Security officers.  Do anyone have and help in this for me. 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you can no longer work due to your service connected disabilities, it might be worth it to file for Individual Unemployability (IU). If approved, you will get paid at 100% level.

If there is no possible job you can do, it might be worth exploring Social Security disability (SSDI). It's a different process than VA disability.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

As info, corticosteroid injections might be beneficial, but keep in mind that steroids are not the best thing for our bodies. I have had one in my shoulder and a bunch in my spine (recommend they knock you out for those - you don't want to be awake). Relief is not guaranteed, but I can tell you that they may offer some relief from the pain.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been getting cortisone shots in my thumb for about a year for arthritis/degenerative joint disease. Seems to last about 3 months then really bothers me for about a month until I can get another shot. My doc said that is the schedule for now, 3 times a year. I can manage that; the alternative is surgery and they may have to fuse the joint. Don't want that. I also not done any research on long term use of steroids yet. Saving that for a snowy afternoon.