VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My ama video conference hearing timeline

Rate this question

killemall

Question

Here's my timeline

2014 denied quite a few claims

2015 reopened the claims I was denied and was again denied due to never being notified of several c@p exams that I didn't attend due to not being notified

2016 put in Nod appeal

2018 changed from NOD appeal to Ramp

Jan 2019 denied all Ramp appeals

Feb 2019 put in Nod for ama see a judge lane

AMA Hearing scheduled Dec 2019

So in my case the ama see a judge lane only took 10 months from NOD filed to hearing date

Color me impressed...I figured it would be 2 years.

So......now what do I do lol????? DAV filed the ama NOD for me. Will one of them go with me to see the judge ala video conference?

That seems to make sense to me but I have no clue????

With my ssdi see a judge video conference my lawyer did all the talking...

Will DAV be there to do the talking....or do you see the judge alone.

I'm 60% for hearing loss and the thought of talking to a judge through a tv by myself could go bad real quick since I don't hear so good lol.

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

10 months is a lot better than two or more years. I would expect a DAV rep would attend the conference with you.

I recommend that you go over your plan with the DAV rep before going in, preferably earlier the better and then again just before the video conference. I say this because I used a rep back in the 90's for my BVA traveling board appeal and they didn't do anything except sit there. After finding Hadit 10+ years ago, I learned a lot. I had an in-person DRO hearing and used a different rep. They called me about a week prior and we discussed the approach and got a lot of questions answered. On the day of the hearing, I came in very early and we went over everything to make sure it was airtight.

As far as hearing loss, I assume they would accommodate you. Let the rep help bridge the gap regarding your hearing. After all, they are there to help you.

Killemall, I have been to in person hearings for the BVA and NOD's.  My rep was always there.  At one my rep asked few questions of me but otherwise sat there.  Try to feel your rep out before the hearing.  If he is willing to sit down with you and discuss the hearing he might be good.  If he does not have time for you, you might want to find someone else in the office.  If they ask you why explain that you have a very important NOD coming up and want it to be well thought out and planned.  I have learned that some reps are just marking time like the VA which employs them, yes the VA employs your reps.

Good luck.