VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

missing X-ray reports

Rate this question

bigoc

Question

Has anyone found that VA administered x-rays do not show up on health e vet(whatever the website is that you can see your VA medical records)?

My memory is terrible(TBI) and I can not remember specifics but I have definitely had x-rays done at the VA within the last 10 years.  I can not remember if it was for a C&P exam or the treatment side of the hospital.  Should it matter?  Has anyone seen x-rays from a C&P show up in their medical records?

Again I'm not talking about my C-file.  There is a bunch of information that is missing from my C-file that I know the examiner has quoted that I don't see.  I'm looking to see if some of the reports are in my medical file on the health care side of the VA.  Do the 2 sides(C&P and Health care) share information?  

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Bigoc, the two sides are supposed to share information but that does not always happen.  If you have had x-rays try a release of information at the main VA hospital. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Bigoc Do you use myhealthevet. You can look up medical info on there and you also can view/print out progress reports, C&P exams, obtain xray digital stuff and more. If you are already in the VA system, it should not take long to be authorized.  All is un "Blue Button."

Edited by GBArmy
incorrect website

Yes that is the website I was using.  It allows you to see your treatment records.  The only thing that is showing for me is blood work.  No treatment records at all, no x-ray reports, or anything else.

I know there is more to it because I see some of the treatment records from VA health care providers in my c-file but not on myhealthevet.

I'm at 90% schedule and I know I have enough joint conditions to put me over the 95% math.  I have service connection for psoriatic arthritis in multiple joints which is an active disease.  I'm trying to get some sc 0% to 10% for pain.  Probably should have aways had 10% but did not know enough about the rating criteria at the time.

I should probably ask this in a separate post, but are the wrist and hands rated separately?

This is assuming there is medical evidence(x-rays) to show both conditions.  I have SC for wrist on one side of the body and hand on the other.  Now I have involvement in both wrists and  both hands.   

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have outside contractors doing your exams, it can really be a delay. Not sure why. But, you can contact them, or visit them if they are near and ask for copies. If they are recent exams/procedures, for some reason they take a long time to get in the VA system. You can also try Peggy if you have a specific procedure and when it was done. They might also be able to look up details for you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your other question was are hands and wrists rated separately. Yes, and there are a lot of diagnostic codes. Go to http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/thehand.html and look up what your condition is.