VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Called Today, Re: Privacy Act Request

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I submitted a Privacy Act Request nearly seven months ago.

It was spinning on the VA Hamster Wheel and my calls to Peggy were of no avail.

A member on Hadit,(thank you) provided a contact to pamela.powers@va.gov and I emailed her six days ago complaining about the delay.

Today, a person from the VA called and said my C-File is on the way.

This leads me to think MAYBE the VA is putting forth more effort than they used to.

Who knows??

Edited by 63Charlie

6 answers to this question

@63Charlie,

Now of course had it been an issue concerning money owed you,  then somebody was either high, still drunk from the weekend, or this was his/her last  accomplishment before retirement for responding so fast!

All jokes aside, I agree, I do think the VA has just now entered the 21st  century, from the 19th!

Allan(formerly 64Charlie), 2-2-0 HUAH!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That reminds me of the days when VA benefits chief Allison Hickey was around, but she resigned a while back. People could call/email and she would make things happen.

I sent a request for my files recently, but honestly expected it would take six+ months to turn around. Crossing my fingers that yours will arrive within the next couple of weeks.

@Vync,

I had the pleasure of talking with Allison a few times, and yes she was a go-getter.

After she dropped out of sight, I asked my cousin at the VA to see if she could find out what happened to Allison, but all we could find out is that she-Allison, resigned.

For some reason it's always the good ones who walk away, isn't it?

Allan  2-2-0 HUAH!

Pamela Powers is the Chief of Staff for the VA, she has assisted me several times when items get stuck in the VA hamsterwheel. I only use her as a last resort, but each time I have emailed her I heard back the same day. Once was an email from the head of the BVA and the other a person on her staff called me as well as VA medical center in Hampton VA.