Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Approved

Rate this question

Wilson

Question

I recently got my appeal approved 10/22/19.

Supposedly waiting on a rating and retro pay, but I got a letter on 11/30/19 saying I am being set up for a appointment to determine my severity.

Did not say it was for the appeal it's only says for my claim.

Do I have to get a c&p exam after being approved on my appeal?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wilson, If your appeal was "approved", without seeing the letter, we would only be guessing. Was some of your claim approved and some incomplete and send back on remand? Did you only have one item on claim for a disability, or multiple. Did they add a new disability that you never put in for?Try calling the contact number on the letter and see what they tell you. You might be going back to have a C&P to see if your conditions have gotten worse, it it has been in appeal for a while. Whatever, make sure you go and don't miss it. Bad things happen when you miss C&P's. Good luck.

40 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Wilson, If your appeal was "approved", without seeing the letter, we would only be guessing. Was some of your claim approved and some incomplete and send back on remand? Did you only have one item on claim for a disability, or multiple. Did they add a new disability that you never put in for?Try calling the contact number on the letter and see what they tell you. You might be going back to have a C&P to see if your conditions have gotten worse, it it has been in appeal for a while. Whatever, make sure you go and don't miss it. Bad things happen when you miss C&P's. Good luck.

Appeal granted on a single issue.

I don't have any pending claims.

Nothing remanded.

According to vets.gov it has been sent for rating if any and retro pay determination date.

• HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, GBArmy said:

. You might be going back to have a C&P to see if your conditions have gotten worse, it it has been in appeal for a while.

If it is just what you answered, then I would bet that that is exactly what they are trying to do; that is, to re-eval to make sure your conditions haven't gotten worse since your last C&P. How long ago was it, and what was your disability? Remember, your letter says that you have won your claim. IMO you will be fine.

The Board sometimes awards "service connection".  

Disability percentage is a new issue.  It sounds like you have a c and p exam to determine severity for disability percentage.  

What ever you do, dont miss this c and p exam.  Yes, you have to go if you want compensation.  

They deny people all the time for missing c and p exams.  If you cant make the date, call and reschedule, but never just "not show up".  

Not showing for a c and p exam is construed as you are abandoning your claim.