VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Els discharge in 2002 with negative consequences

Rate this question

Realcooldude

Question

In 2002 I got a waiver for a dislocating shoulder. The third time it dislocated in week 7 or 8 my shoulder got fractured in an unsuccessful attempt to relocate it.-Skip a few things that may be important and or  scandal because I'm not writing a novel-. After convalescent leave I was given a chapter 11 epts els discharge. I go to see a vso on dec 10

Edited by Realcooldude
Typos

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, Realcooldude said:

In 2002 I got a waiver for a dislocating shoulder. The third time it dislocated in week 7 or 8 my shoulder got fractured in an unsuccessful attempt to relocate it.-Skip a few things that may be important and or  scandal because I'm not writing a novel-. After convalescent leave I was given a chapter 11 epts els discharge. I go to see a vso on dec 10

WELCOME TO HADIT   GLAD YOU MADE IT.

WE CAN'T SKIP THINGS HERE  WE NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING FROM THE GIT GO... TO BETTER HELP YOU.

DID YOU HURT YOUR SHOULDER IN BASIC TRAINING OR WAS YOU IN COMBAT WHEN YOU HURT IT?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

'' epts els discharge''??

WELL IF YOUR WANTING TO SERVICE CONNECT YOUR SHOULDER YOU NEED MEDICAL RECORDS TO PROVE IT HAPPEN IN MILITARY  THEN YOU NEED A QUALIFIED Dr to say it is least likely as not caused by your military service and file a claim..your VSO should let you know what all you need to do and get  as evidence to prove your claim.

I can let you know you do need to look at your injury rating criteria from the VA CFR'S and the VA RATING CRITERIA TO KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD BE RATED FOR/ DEPENDING ON HOW BAD THE INJURY IS AND HOW IT AFFECTS YOUR LIFE....THEY DON'T ALWAYS RATE WHAT WE DESERVE TO BE RATED  SO YOU NEED TO WATCH THAT.

AS BROKEN SOLDIER MENTION I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR ASKING ?

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry I just now seen that you are rated 100% for all your combined ratings. if your going after the SMC's Then that depends on how severe your disabilities are? 

you can only get one rating for mental health  as you show to be rated 100% for MDD, with all the other s.c. and rated disabilities   you will need an additional 60% rating for one of those alone  to qualify for SMC.  they may all add up to 60% but you need a single disability 60% seperate from those combined ratings.... ...with that and all you got should reach you to the SMC 's 

Are you rated for TDIU P&T?  Did they send you the IU APPLICATION WHEN YOU WAS AWARDED ALL THESE OTHER COMBINED RATINGS?

Thank you for the welcome Buck. To be more specific. When I dislocated my shoulder in basic training twice I was going to get to finish on limited pushups. The third time it dislocated in basic training it got broken in an unsuccessful attempt to relocate it. So they gave me an epts discharge. Existing prior to service. 

I would look into that.  Your shoulder problem existed prior to enlistment but they broke the shoulder trying to fix it.  That is an injury incurred in service, cause by medical personnel.  You probably do not have the requisite time in service but your situation is unique.