Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental Appeal Time Line

Rate this question

baezivy

Question

Hello everyone. I filed an appeal this past October 28th. Since the appeals process has changed and I am new to this, has anyone appealed a denied decision or a low rating recently and has received a decision on the appeal? If so, how long did it take to get a decision from the date you filed? I am just wondering how long the appeal takes. My claim was pretty quick, it took about 3 months which wasn't bad. Thank you all.

Edited by baezivy
Added tags.

3 answers to this question

I cannot say how long the new supplemental appeals take.  One would hope that it is faster then the legacy system NOD's.  They quote one to two years and I have heard @HolliGreen has been waiting about two years.  I am half tempted to refile under the new system but I think that is what they are trying to force us to do.

Hi Baezivy,

I wish I had more concrete information for you but an appeal will take as long as it takes.

If I could offer advice it is to keep on top of your appeal and never give up.

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed a supplemental with additional evidence this spring. Came back in about 3 1/2 months. Denied. I think third time's the charm though (I hope.) No matter; if it is denied, I will just keep working it until they figure it all out. My favorite saying I tell veterans is "You don't lose until you quit trying." I believe it!