VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Heart Conditions

Rate this question

CVUSMC

Question

@Paul, generally if you're over 55 and are P&T, nothing to worry about.

Doing this VA thing for 25 years now, I've only seen two cases that were proposals to reduce, and BOTH of them were for mental conditions, and the veterans were NOT P&T, and were under 55.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

@allansc2005 at the time I was at 90% and 61. They did not reduce me needless to say, perhaps it was because of my BVA win that made me 100% P&T. 

When I received the letter from the VA it said nothing about the proposal for reduction going away, it simply showed those disabilities at the same level along with an increase for my feet (I had a pending claim for my feet at the time). So needless to say, I am a little gun shy with the VA, after all I would like to plan my retirement and include my VA amount into that equation. I am still a little concerned about another proposal to reduce popping up its ugly head, but I am not losing sleep over the possibility of it happening again.

Yes the VA website is just one among many credible websites that will explain Agent Orange Presumptive Exposure and who qualifies and list the many diseases under AO.  The Vietnam Veterans of America and the National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP) will also explain AO Presumption in great detail and there are many others such as Military.com.

Veterans who served on the Korean DMZ during certain years also qualifies for AO presumptive as do veterans who served on or near perimeter of U.S. Air Force and other bases in Thailand during the Vietnam War. This is decided on a case by case basis.

Blue Water Navy Vets who served on the big ships near Vietnam will soon be eligible for AO and navy personnel who served on boats in the Nam inland waterways are already included along with Navy personnel who were on navy ships anchored in vietnam harbors if they came ashore at any time during the war.

There are other categories such as transient u.s. military personnel who landed by airplane in Nam for a stop over on their way to another country if they deplaned for a smoke etc.  It pays to take those smoke breaks!!!!!!

Edited by Dustoff 11

@Paul, and I digress, there are a FEW occasions when P&T won't "save" you, and the main one is IF(strong if) someone gained disability awards, payments illegally.

There is one other RARE way P&T won't save you from reduction, and it has something to do with mental conditions. 

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

We all are subject to a C&P EXAM from the VA at any given time until we reach the 20 year protection rule.  the age 55 and over helps but not a safe plan.

Never underestimate the VA  They can and will send those proposals if they get word your s.c. condition has Improved...usually by VA Dr's Progress Notes...so when you go to your VA appointments do not piss off your PCP or speciality Clinic Dr's....they can make it hard for a veteran...although a proposal can be beat  but its sure is stressfull having to go through the Appeal Ordeal.