VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Heart Conditions

Rate this question

CVUSMC

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I don't blame you paul..but do you plan on dying any time soon/??

20 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

so when you go to your VA appointments do not piss off your PCP or speciality Clinic Dr's....they can make it hard for a veteran

I agree with you Buck, for this very reason I try not to go to the VA for anything. I am going for my CPAP machince and supplies (they give enough supplies for one year) and also for dental care (I just found out it's free since I am 100% P&T). I need a crown replaced and I am glad I don't have to pay for it, it saves me about $800 with dental insurance.

24 minutes ago, allansc2005 said:

there are a FEW occasions when P&T won't "save" you

When it comes to the VA always expect the unexpected. I think even if I live long enough to reach the 20 year mark I still won't trust the VA...lol

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure if anyone reembers hadiit elder Member ''GASTONE'' ??

he had that Brian cancer caused from that Nasty A.O.  His was the kind that Senator and former Vietnam POW And Navy Capt   Pilot who was shot down over there...   ( The Late Senator John Mc Cain.)

Gastone brain cancer finally got him after several surgery attempts. However he use to send me emails  and I send him emails before he got to bad he mention to me if I don't get any more emails from him  then he is either a Vegetable or taking his Dirt Nap...I stopped receiving emails from him about 6 months ago...I am not sure if he his taking his Dirt Nap  or just not able to get on his computer anymore or any type of communication ? he was  not only a fellow  Vietnam Veteran  he was my good and dear friend.

So if anyone knows about Gastone condition  please let me know  or  let other hadit members know...Gastone was a great help Helping Veterans with their claims  here on Hadit  he loved doing it...but just maybe God Needed him  more than we did.

God Bless Gastone..

Man Buck, this is scary, I was just wondering about Gastone myself.

I was going over my emails from him, and was wondering what happened to him?

Hope to God he's OK.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, paulstrgn said:

@Buck52 I will certainly have to research this more to make sure my wife can get the DIC.

Paul I got this from the ''Ask Vets First'' a pretty credible well informed web site.

''A spouse must establish entitlement to DIC under one of these conditions:''

the veteran died on active military service; or

the veteran had a service-connected disability that was either the principal or contributing cause of death; or

the veteran died from a non-service-connected injury or disease and was receiving, or entitled to receive, VA compensation for a service-connected disability rated totally disabling for at least (a) 10 years before death, (b) at least 5 years after the release from active duty preceding death, or (c) at least 1 year before death, if the veteran was a former prisoner of war who died after September 30, 1999''.

''In your situation, your wife would be eligible for DIC if your cause of death was primarily due to your service-connected disability. If you have been rated permanently and totally disabled for at least 10 years, then your wife would also be eligible for DIC, even if your death was the result of a non-service-connected injury or disease. In addition to DIC, your wife would also be eligible for VA’s health benefits program for beneficiaries, CHAMPVA.''

Edited by Buck52