VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What do you think this rates as? Mental Health C&P results

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

29 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

broncovet 

I THINK WHAT FLYBOY IS ASKING ?

If   you were  low balled For  PTSD  AT 30%  AND YOUR   Symptoms  Showed you had SI  if the examiner checked yes you had SI and the C&P Examiner marked the the yes box  was you given 30% for PTSD?  was that in 2002? you got 100% for PTSD in 2009?//?

That is exactly what I was asking.

• HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

Thanks, bronco. I do meet all of the criteria from dsm 5 and both my private psychiatrist and c&p psychiatrist agreed with the nexus and dqb. What was the outcome of your claim, in particular the SI part being 30% and not 70%? Care to share please and thanks. 

FLYBOY YOU CAN MEET ALL THE CRITERIA FOR THE DSM 5  BUT WHAT YOU NEED TO LOOK AT IS THE CRITERIA FOR THE SYMPTOMS THE EXAMINER CHECKED YES IN THE BOXES   THEY RATE PTSD BY THE SYMPTOMS AND THE SEVERITY OF THEM.

..LOOK AT THE MENTAL HEALTH  CRITERIA RATING SHEET I PUT UP AND COMPARE YOUR SYMPTOMS TO THE CRITERIA SHEET  THE CRITERIA THAT BEST FITS YOUR SYMPTOMS  THAT THE EXAMINER CHECKED YES ON.  THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO BE RATED FOR.

I JUST CAN'T SEE WELL ENOUGH TO SEE YOUR DBQ? OR EXAM SHEET THE EXAMINER CHECKED OFF.

21 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Its a little more complicaed than that, but the short answer is, buck, yes.  I was lowballed, eventually won 100 percent and am appealing the effective date of the 100 percent.  

Are you able to summarize and or explain what happened in your case with being lowballed 30% with the SI symptom at 70%? I'm trying to see how my claim will stand with most of my issues being 50%, some 30%, and one 70%, thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

FLYBOY YOU CAN MEET ALL THE CRITERIA FOR THE DSM 5  BUT WHAT YOU NEED TO LOOK AT IS THE CRITERIA FOR THE SYMPTOMS THE EXAMINER CHECKED YES IN THE BOXES   THEY RATE PTSD BY THE SYMPTOMS AND THE SEVERITY OF THEM.

..LOOK AT THE MENTAL HEALTH  CRITERIA RATING SHEET I PUT UP AND COMPARE YOUR SYMPTOMS TO THE CRITERIA SHEET  THE CRITERIA THAT BEST FITS YOUR SYMPTOMS  THAT THE EXAMINER CHECKED YES ON.  THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO BE RATED FOR.

I JUST CAN'T SEE WELL ENOUGH TO SEE YOUR DBQ? OR EXAM SHEET THE EXAMINER CHECKED OFF.

Thanks, I did look at them and compare and most certainly meet 50% based on the criteria. However with the SI being 70% and the rest meeting 50%, will it be an easy appeal and or be granted 70 based on SI?  My symptoms do affect work and social life and both doctors agreed on that part. 

• HadIt.com Elder

i WOULD SAY NORMALLY THEY WILL RATE YOU AT THE 70% YOU NEED TO WAIT AND GET YOUR PACKET IN THE MAIL TO BE SURE.

IF THEY DID RATE YOU AT THE 50%   AND WITH YOUR SYMPTOMS IN THE  VA's 70% CRITERIA

you can copy them and send it in with your Appeal  and just say you disagree with the rating  and ask them to look at the rating critera you sent in as your evidence. YOU WANT TO BE RATED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW and you disagree with the 50% raing  that your symptoms meet the 70% rating criteria. for mental health for PTSD.

but wait until you see what they did rate you for. .....> it maybe 70%

they will give you a reason and bases of the decision  or 

''What We Decided''

On 12/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Buck52 said:

i WOULD SAY NORMALLY THEY WILL RATE YOU AT THE 70% YOU NEED TO WAIT AND GET YOUR PACKET IN THE MAIL TO BE SURE.

IF THEY DID RATE YOU AT THE 50%   AND WITH YOUR SYMPTOMS IN THE  VA's 70% CRITERIA

you can copy them and send it in with your Appeal  and just say you disagree with the rating  and ask them to look at the rating critera you sent in as your evidence. YOU WANT TO BE RATED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW and you disagree with the 50% raing  that your symptoms meet the 70% rating criteria. for mental health for PTSD.

but wait until you see what they did rate you for. .....> it maybe 70%

they will give you a reason and bases of the decision  or 

''What We Decided''

Understood, thanks for your advice!

On 12/29/2019 at 8:34 PM, broncovet said:

Its a little more complicaed than that, but the short answer is, buck, yes.  I was lowballed, eventually won 100 percent and am appealing the effective date of the 100 percent.  

any update?