VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What do you think this rates as? Mental Health C&P results

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

• Lead Moderator

Bronco is right on here!  I have had all 4 of these done to me at some point in my claims.  I want to just reach over and slap some sense into these raters!  I am just not sure why they feel the need to do this other than it is taught to them.  That is the worse part of this is we fought in a war or two and then we have to fight a new war of our health when we get home.  

I know I felt so much better when I got home, I just never realized or accepted for years something else had happened too me.  That I was a guinea pig for all their drugs and whatever else we were exposed too.

On 12/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, broncovet said:

Interestingly, your doctor checked the box "suicidal ideation" (SI) .  Notice that SI is present "only" in the 70 and 100 percent categories.  Like youself, I have experience and have documented SI.   This would suggest a minumum of 70 percent.  However, VA low balled me at 30 percent instead.  

Thanks, bronco. I do meet all of the criteria from dsm 5 and both my private psychiatrist and c&p psychiatrist agreed with the nexus and dqb. What was the outcome of your claim, in particular the SI part being 30% and not 70%? Care to share please and thanks. 

The outcome, flyboy, is that I fought the VA from 2002, and finally won 100 percent in 2009.  Im still fighting the VA on SMC S, and the effective date.  

I expect my BVA appeals will be complete in 2020, but I dont know that for sure.  

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet 

I THINK WHAT FLYBOY IS ASKING ?

If   you were  low balled For  PTSD  AT 30%  AND YOUR   Symptoms  Showed you had SI  if the examiner checked yes you had SI and the C&P Examiner marked the the yes box  was you given 30% for PTSD?  was that in 2002? you got 100% for PTSD in 2009?//?

AND FIGHTING THE EFFECTIVE DATE FOR? 2002 for the difference in the 30% to the 100% for PTSD?

I didn't know you had a PTSD Diagnose and a rating for it  especially a 100% rating?

..I Had I thought you were 100% for hearing loss and Depression??? and was TDIU and later got the 100% for  Major Depression Disorder?  and was fighting the EED on That and the SMC S H.B.????

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

was the 100% For PTSD alone? or for the hearing loss?

and The MDD?

the SMC is because they failed to Inferr the SMC H.B. when you were 100% or TDIU?

But I sure didn't know you had been rating 100% for PTSD or rated at all for PTSD?

If you are rated for the Hearing loss and MMD at 100% and then got a separate and distinct rating for PTSD at 100%...and was never infrered the SMC S YOU BEEN FIGHTING  SINCE 2002? OR 2009?  FOR THE SMC-S.H.B.? 

MMD is a mental disorder rating   how did you get two mental health ratings?  MDD & PTSD? AT 100%?

SOMETHING DON'T SEEM RIGHT HERE??

Edited by Buck52