VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE UPDATE

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Happy Holidays Everyone,

I wanted to let those of you who are interested know that the cue I filed for change of effective date from March 2018 to October 1999 is now in the "Preparation for Decision" status.  I mailed the formal CUE September 17, 2019 and it went to "Preparation for Decision" status today.  Now I'll be on pins and needles until I get the decision packet in the mail.  I'll keep you all posted!

Best,

1 minute ago, Vync said:

@RBrogen Indeed! A lot of it ties back to being in the military and trusting administrative teams know their trade. We leave the service believing that the VSO's have us covered. Later on, I did have an excellent VSO, but she retired. Her replacement was decent, but missed some things. Eventually, I got to the point that I would do my own research and then take my final draft by the VSO for review. 

After my heart attack earlier this year, I filed two new claims through my local VSO. My head wasn't clear at all. In both cases, they were denied. I should have just did an intent to file and waited until I was a bit more clear-headed. I'm pretty certain I can win both by filing supplemental review requests, but want to ensure everything is airtight.

This part got me laughing. I feel it is more about knowing how to approach and follow up.

You are you own best advocate.  While VSOs can help, you need to spearhead your own destiny.  A VSO has numerous things going on and honestly, you, nor the next vet is their highest priority ... they try to deal with their workload as much as possible but inevitably you are the best representative for you.

• Lead Moderator
1 minute ago, Vync said:

@RBrogen Indeed! A lot of it ties back to being in the military and trusting administrative teams know their trade. We leave the service believing that the VSO's have us covered. Later on, I did have an excellent VSO, but she retired. Her replacement was decent, but missed some things. Eventually, I got to the point that I would do my own research and then take my final draft by the VSO for review. 

After my heart attack earlier this year, I filed two new claims through my local VSO. My head wasn't clear at all. In both cases, they were denied. I should have just did an intent to file and waited until I was a bit more clear-headed. I'm pretty certain I can win both by filing supplemental review requests, but want to ensure everything is airtight.

This part got me laughing. I feel it is more about knowing how to approach and follow up.

I have to somewhat agree with what he said as if you don't tell them every little detail then it will hurt you in the end.  

I was scared to tell them I was hearing voices, and I did not want to talk about the flashbacks I was having because it did not want to relive them.  

For whatever reason saying the right details might be a better way of saying it.  

• Lead Moderator
1 minute ago, GBArmy said:

Vync we must have ate the same oatmeal this morning; again I couldn't agree more. One thing still gets me though. The VSO's still say "don't rock the boat." 9 times out of 10 (probably more)  that is just flat out wrong. To me, when they say that it either means one of two things: they are lazy and don't want the extra work. Or two, lack of understanding or training. They just don't know about SMC's, etc. I tell everyone that if you want to use  VSO, and they are useful, make sure you really check them out before selecting one.

I love it when they say don't rock the boat!  I tell them how will I get anything done if I don't rock the boat?  I am not happy with what I was given or covered for, because this is not what actually happened or was said too them.

I say rip that mast right off the boat!

2 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Vync we must have ate the same oatmeal this morning; again I couldn't agree more. One thing still gets me though. The VSO's still say "don't rock the boat." 9 times out of 10 (probably more)  that is just flat out wrong. To me, when they say that it either means one of two things: they are lazy and don't want the extra work. Or two, lack of understanding or training. They just don't know about SMC's, etc. I tell everyone that if you want to use  VSO, and they are useful, make sure you really check them out before selecting one.

Correct and understand also that VSOs are "trained" as well to follow a prescribed system and that system is the bulk VA conveyer belt.  If you know how to compile the evidence, apply and followup you can manage your own claim without a VSO BUT you MUST research and educate yourself to your claim's specific nuances so that you can present it to the VA properly and in a structure/formate they understand.  If you make it easy for them, they can process your claim quickly.

2 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

I love it when they say don't rock the boat!  I tell them how will I get anything done if I don't rock the boat?  I am not happy with what I was given or covered for, because this is not what actually happened or was said too them.

I say rip that mast right off the boat!

lol I'm with you brother .... strap a frick'n Evinrude motor on the back of that puppy, full throttle and beach that bitch!

I also have at least one more claim to get fixed where I am currently rated for Right Upper Radiculopathy 20% and Left Upper Radiculopathy 20% for mild paralysis.  During one of my last claims I had 2 C&Ps, both of which included an exam for peripheral nerve issues where they diagnosed moderate paralysis of Lower Radicular Group (left and right) as "Moderate".  I figured I would get my cue claim done first and then have them fix this since it will not have any impact on my rating since it is at 100% P&T.  This is more to make sure they have properly rated all of my conditions.