VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE UPDATE

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Happy Holidays Everyone,

I wanted to let those of you who are interested know that the cue I filed for change of effective date from March 2018 to October 1999 is now in the "Preparation for Decision" status.  I mailed the formal CUE September 17, 2019 and it went to "Preparation for Decision" status today.  Now I'll be on pins and needles until I get the decision packet in the mail.  I'll keep you all posted!

Best,

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@RBrogen I both mailed in a letter and used the forms and mine got delayed due to VA confusion. With the appeals changes in 2019, VA employees believe there is a correct form for everything. @Dustoff 11 found in M21-1 where it clearly states that no specific form is required. However, the VA assumes there is. Please consider calling the WH VA Hotline and complaining that the lack of an official form and their confusion caused your claim to be unnecessarily delayed. If we don't let them know there is a problem, they won't fix it.

Yes there is definitely confusion at VA about the requirement, or lack thereof, for a specific form to initiate a CUE.  The 21-526 I completed after my certified letter sat for 8 weeks only created confusion and misleading display of data in the record.  If you file a 21-526, you only have 2 options new condition or increase to an existing condition.  NEITHER are true for a CUE if you are looking for an earlier effective date CUE Claim.

@RBrogen that sounds promising!

Mine is still hung up because the rater is asking if it had to be submitted on the correct form. And then yesterday I got a letter in the mail asking if I would like to submit any additional evidence. Can't make this stuff up...

Well it doesn't look promising ... the claim status closed out and typically right after that any adjustments are shown in ebenefits (e.g. rate increase, effective date change).  I did not see anything change in the effective dates on the conditions so have to wait for the paperwork to see what the deal is.

Keep in mind that your claims can now be worked by any VARO. Some of the crayons in the box are not as sharp as others. I am hoping you get an update soon, preferably good news.