Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FSAD female sexual arousal disorder

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I looked this up and it’s 0 rating but you can be eligible for SMC K if you lose ability to reproduce.  Do older men who can’t reproduce still get SMC K.  My MST prevented me from having relationships and I can’t reproduce at my age.  Does anyone have any idea?  It’s in my original mst/ptsd claim from 2006.  

Im looking into filing for sleep apnea my research is leading me to file secondary to pain meds, muscle relaxants, asthma/copd,  mst, all are Sc.  My sleep apnea is severe and I have memory loss on bad days, 3 car accidents and I’m taking a med that makes you more alert, no sex drive for 40 yrs due to mst (Sc).  Sleep apnea and PTSD  are comorbid regardless of what caused the other.  Hypertension  can be secondary to sleep apnea which I’m developing.  Sleep apnea is a risk factor for headaches commonly triggering migraines.  Diabetes is linked to sleep apneA through obesity.  Apnea alters glucose metabolism promotes insulin resistance and may trigger type 2 diabetes.  If it doesn’t cause diabetes it increases the severity of the condition.

There is research that the majority of participants with sleep apnea in this study  also had erectile dysfunction. Doesn’t mention women.

Am I going to overboard with causation factors.

is it a lost cause if you can’t reproduce for the smc k.

Thanks for any knowledge.

Ruby

Thanks for the info.  I’m going through case laws for now  to find supporting laws and to look at denials for specific reasons.  

My diabetes and sleep apnea are not Sc and I’m hoping to Sc it as secondary to asthma /meds/ PTSD.(Sc) I’m obese at this time due to my back issues (Sc) and claudication (nsc) being able to Walk/exercise.  I had surgery for ca and I threw a clot to my descending aorta that caused bilateral claudication .  If I can get the NP to write what she told me I might have a chance of getting 1151 or FTCA  claim.  I’m past the SOL unless the time starts from the time you were told why it happened.

Thanks for the help

Buck52,

I use mine every night or I’d be dead by now.  I’m using a BiPAP now and I sleep better.  My sleep apnea is severe waking 40 times an hour with numerous 30 secs of apneic  spells.  I’m hoping to get oxygen ordered at night my saturation’s drop to 81.  That makes me goofy some days and why my doctor ordered meds to keep me awake and alert.  It’s all a vicious cycle.

The new machines are big brother machines they can monitor use from the VA.  The old ones you send in a chip if you remember to do it.

Sleep Apnea can cause or make other medical issues serious.  I know based on my asthma/copd, sc, and arthritis Sc I will need A&A.  The person that helps me now is moving so I’m getting panicky.

ruby

Why should it matter if they can monitor the data on your cpap? It's not tracking anything other than apneac episodes and how long you wear it. Over seen the data on the SD card that gets tracked. It's all thinks you should want tracked.

Broken,

That was an FYI that it tracks from the VA  (like Alexis) no more chips to send in.  It also tracks mask fit, api episode ie CHF and other medical info.  I lost the chip to the old one but you can tell how much pressure you’ve been using.  My new one is set for 12 and 16 but I’m using 16-20 pressure.

For people who don’t use the new one they cant say they use it, it’s  tracked electronically.

Buck it’s worth putting in a claim unless you have the highest SMC.

osa alter glucose metabolism and promotes insulin resistance may cause type 2 diabetes or it can make it worse.  Lack of oxygen and irregular sleep causes headaches. Migraines. the older I get the fatter I get the worse my diabetes is I take insulin 3 times a day

poor sleep quality causes hypertension, cardiac problems

sleep apnea and ptsd are comorbid, meaning they frequently exist together regardless of what caused the other. Chicken or the egg theory.

Without proper sleep your body can’t repair itself.  It’s impossible to improve broken system (body) without cellular repair that occurs during quality sleep.

think about why they give anyone a CPAP if they have 5 or more episodes and it’s considered mild.

its a fight worth fighting. 

All of my Sc disabilities are a minimal 12 yrs in statue or 20 some are 40years.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ruby

Thank you for this information.

Buck it’s worth putting in a claim unless you have the highest SMC.

Not necessary true.

for me to get any more compensation I'd need to lose both arms or both legs  or be tottally bedridden  or a vegetable, I have all my extremities so that leaves anymore of these other type claims such as OSA out , Sure I could get the OSA (Sleep Apnea) service connected through a secondary claim  but why? most of my S.C. Conditions are over the 10 year rule for wife to get DIC if I die bedfore her.

I do have SMC S & K  with a final 100% degree rating 2 more years left on making the 20 year rule.

Also if you have not did this  you may want to for claim purposes 

IF YOU HAVE Myhealthevet Account  go to it and check out the blue button once you click on it you need to click on it again  it will take you to your VA MC Progress notes  and you can get your medical information from these note s  what the VA Dr's are putting in your medical history information.  you can copy these notes and use if favorable  within your claim as valuable evidence.

Edited by Buck52