Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

WH VA Hotline delivers results!

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I placed a number of calls to the WH VA Hotline recently about issues with various legitimate problems with the VA. This morning, I received a call from a supervisor with the National Work Queue (NWQ) to respond to my concerns. The nice lady said she had the opportunity to go back and listen to numerous calls I made to 1-800-827-1000. She confirmed my concerns were indeed accurate. She is going to inform VA management of:

- Lack of dedicated form for Clear and Unmistakable Error requests is causing unnecessary confusion and delays. Simply creating a dedicated form, updating the web site, and providing training to VA staff.
- Call center staff providing inconsistent information when calling back.
- VA staff are not supposed to place callers on hold for more than two minutes at a time before coming back to check on them. Some call center staff may mute the call, but they don't have a way to track this down.

She did mention that calls to 1-800-927-1000 are recorded for quality purposes.

She also mentioned that complaints are investigated to confirm if they happened and the circumstances surrounding them.  Depending on the findings and circumstances, employees may receive negative ratings on their performance reviews.

I almost forgot to add this. You know that prepared statement that they always want to repeat about your claim status? I told her that I always tell the agents not to waste my time by reading it. A couple of them agree and comply, but most say they are required to read it. She said that I was correct and the people who refuse are not following VA policy. Interesting...

Edited by Vync

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul I hear you but I'm not sure that your work ethic is necessarily extended to most VA Benefits employees that deal with veterans' claims. By your many posts on Hadit, it is obvious you are a good guy and try to inform based on your experiences, which is commendable. It is my personal experience that isn't the case rgarding VA Benefits employees; wish it were. If a VA employee screws up BUT the error is financially in the VA's benefit, I doubt if there would be very many wright-ups of negative performance by his supervisor. Why? Because if the super did start writing up these types of "mistakes", he would soon see others doing the same thing which would undoubtedly result in an increase in ratings/cost to the VA, and that would not be very beneficial to his annual performance bonus.IMO

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@GBArmy That's an astute observation