Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peter m

Rate this question

Peter m

Question

Filed for unemployable. At 90& cancer, ptsd,radiation damage and others. Did my C&p exams. Problem is they want a statement from my employer. I retired 15 yrs ago, none of my supervisors, foreman etc. are working there any longer. VA says they sent forms to employer but haven’t got them back. I called employer a number of times no one seems to know anything about them or about me. So they probably disregarded them. VA says they can’t rate my claim or forward to rating board without them. All new people at job site so probably tossed requests for info. I sent VA my job description salary,years I worked, retirement info don’t know what else to do. Can they refuse to rate because of this? Pete m

• HadIt.com Elder

I Agree with broncovet & Shrekthetank1

I understand Voc=Rehab has a test they give you and it determines just what you may be good at  and they use it to see if you can do a completely different type of work and try to fit you in some type of employment, and send you back to school to learn another trade

if you fail these test  this is when your counselor will or should write you the letter broncovet mention

If you can't work due to your sc conditions  then your not feasible to be retained at this time.  this letter is the gold standard for the IU

Very true. And make copies. 

VA checks with SSA, The employer letter is to Document difficulties you had while employed. Like a buddy letter with more weight.

They can not refuse to rate based on this optional form. You haven't worked in 15 years,  The only question is can you work now with your current medical issues?  Personally, I would request a medical opinion from  a doctor you feel you can trust, or you can pay for a medical opinion. I would not leave this up to a VA employee ( doctor ) to decide this question.