• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA resolution of legacy appeals reaches another milestone

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure Vetquest  but you make a good point, the old system is still taking a long time for appeals but I think the AMA just got in the front of the line..bumping the older claims in a waiting room!!!

you need to bark at someone higher up  like the washington hot-line to request your Appeal/ NOD be looked at soon,  that you been in the waiting room now going on two/3 years.

just talked to Peggy yesterday (this Peggy was as nice as could be---yes really was) but no info other than the DRO has my file (for one measly contention) and all  I can do is wait.  Going to be two years in a matter of days,  know many others have waited much much much longer than me but it does get frustrating.  

My husband is going on 5 years with a NOD.  We were told by the County Veterans support person (2 years in July) that we shouldn;t get in the new program because we were almost there and here we sit.

Did the County Veterans 'support'person ( that might be an oxymoron)

make sure he filed the NOD on the correct form?

I had a claim filed for two pending issues, when the forms were changed not long after,by VA...I had  to refile the claims on the newer forms.

Someone at my RO told me long ago a that a NOD is color coded by a tag by month and when a year gets up they might look at it then.

5 years is ridiculous.

I suggest you file an IRIS complaint. IRIS info is searchable here.

Or go to the VA web site va.gov and follow the instructions in the Contact Us area, to "ask a question"- the complaint form is a pop down box.

Something seems drastically wrong here- have you moved since filing the NOD?

The VA sent me the forms I needed, and I think you should have gotten them by now.Unless something else is the problem.....????

Or call the White House Veterans Hot line - 855 948 2311