Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any one submit earlier citation for a VA claim as supporting documentation for your present claim?

Rate this question

Coprsmen90

Question

I have submitted my claim for sleep apnea secondary to by service connected back pain.  The VA is asking for any supporting documentation for my claim.  I have submitted my medical records, MRI reports, two sleep studies that confirms my sleep apnea and a letter from my wife.  My question is do I submit a previous citation I found for another vet who put in the same claim as I am presently putting in for, in the citation it explained the finds by the board and awarded the vet sleep apnea secondary to back pain?  Sorry if this question has been asked before.  Thanks you for your time.  Looking forward to what everyone has to say.

3 answers to this question

• Adminstrator

I put everything relevant to my case into my file.  As long as there is Merit, I say go for it.  

Now if you are just leading them down a rabbit hole, I would avoid this as they will just ignore everything.

I highlight everything I think is relevant and send it in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hate to say it, but toddt is probably correct. You need to have a current diagnosis on your SA. You also have to have the nexus,: how is that connected to your back. The other stuff you have is supporting, but if you don't get a IMO on the nexus, IMO it won't go. You need a qualified doc to say why they are related. You didn't say: do you have to use a CPAP? If so, you're doc has to say not only it id prescribed, but it is absolutely essential for your health. If approved, that would net you a 50% rating, not 10 or 30%. Spend the money; invest in an IMO.