Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabilities Status Update "Update"

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

The law firm that was representing me just called me and told me that the examiner at my C&P said my lower right Radiculopathy has improved and they are lowering my rate from 40% to 20% for that condition. I was wondering why my rate didn't change, with all the evidence I submitted to them. I had medical records I had an IMO done and also 3 family member statements and they took this one person word over all of the evidence I presented.So now I have to start over but from reading the post on this forum this is just par for the course and I'm going to stick i there until I get what I'm fighting for.

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Scooter318 We assume your 40% rating was less than 5 years. If it was longer than that, they are not supposed to reduce based on just one C&P exam. The VA has to show that it not only is better, but it has remained so for an extended period of time. Keep fighting.

HI GBArmy

Your right it's been just 3.5 years, but I have a question is it common for the VA to take the word of the PA over the dr. that did my IMO. And the reason that I ask that is because I was in the office for the IMO over an hour and the PA literally had me do a ROM test and I was in and out in 15min. Also a previous poster mentioned that if I file an appeal they won't lower my rating until the new appeal is done do you know that to be true.

1 hour ago, scooter318 said:

HI GBArmy

Your right it's been just 3.5 years, but I have a question is it common for the VA to take the word of the PA over the dr. that did my IMO. And the reason that I ask that is because I was in the office for the IMO over an hour and the PA literally had me do a ROM test and I was in and out in 15min. Also a previous poster mentioned that if I file an appeal they won't lower my rating until the new appeal is done do you know that to be true.

Just gonna leave this here. https://cck-law.com/blog/what-happens-when-va-proposes-to-reduce-my-disability-rating/

"If a veteran does not agree with the proposed reduction, he or she has 30 days to request a hearing (although this step is not necessary to fight a reduction). If you do request a hearing, VA cannot reduce a veteran’s rating until it is held. Requesting a hearing can supply the veteran with additional time to submit new evidence to fight the proposed reduction. Whether you request a hearing or not, veterans have 60 days to submit new evidence."

Edited by awgv001

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice.

You're never out of the fight.

Semper Fidelis

HI awgv001

Thanks for the info that is really good to know, so when I receive my packet in the mail I'm going to request a hearing to submit new evidence. I've already call the doctor that did my previous IMO to have another one scheduled.

• HadIt.com Elder

Scooter If you request a hearing and submit new evidence, you are talking about going to the BVA. You can't have new evidence, such as a new IMO, and submit at HLR. I'm not suggesting you don't; I'm just saying that is your option with new evidence, or, submit a new supplemental claim can be an option also.