VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HadIt.com Fundraiser

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

It's time to ask for help from the community. If you can help with a gift it would be very appreciated.

Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

fundraising.jpeg

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the readers of Hadit fall into 2 basic groups: those that are looking for info to help them on a personal level and, those who feel that they can give back to their bother and sister veterans by helping them slay the VA Giant. Those are the two main categories. Now people in the second group realize that in order to be able to help other veterans you have to have a venue to do that. Hadit is that place. If there wasn't a great informative site like here, we would have to find another way of doing it, and because of Hadit's membership, it would be a whole lot less efficient. So, most of the veterans in the second category have made and do make contributions to help keep it up and running. Now the people in the first category are different. They scout around and somehow find Hadit, and they see that they can get really good practical and detailed advise from people that have been there, done that. This message is really to those veterans. If you get and use advise from here, won't you please remember to help others that follow that are in the same boat you were in. When you get your award, make a check or money order out and mail it in. Play it forward so Ms Tbird and keep this going for another 20 years.

4 hours ago, GBArmy said:

I think the readers of Hadit fall into 2 basic groups: those that are looking for info to help them on a personal level and, those who feel that they can give back to their bother and sister veterans by helping them slay the VA Giant. Those are the two main categories. Now people in the second group realize that in order to be able to help other veterans you have to have a venue to do that. Hadit is that place. If there wasn't a great informative site like here, we would have to find another way of doing it, and because of Hadit's membership, it would be a whole lot less efficient. So, most of the veterans in the second category have made and do make contributions to help keep it up and running. Now the people in the first category are different. They scout around and somehow find Hadit, and they see that they can get really good practical and detailed advise from people that have been there, done that. This message is really to those veterans. If you get and use advise from here, won't you please remember to help others that follow that are in the same boat you were in. When you get your award, make a check or money order out and mail it in. Play it forward so Ms Tbird and keep this going for another 20 years.

I agree. I’ve been perusing this site looking back at posts from forum members in the past. It seems a majority of HadIt users ask for information on a personal level, get their 100%, and then suddenly leave the site.

I was coming pretty close on making a topic of “what happened to all the 100% P&T HadIt users from years ago.” I understand that everyone is free to do whatever they well please, but it feels like a ghost town presently compared to the activity from years ago.

• HadIt.com Elder

We do have some "old timers" and some go away and come back for many reasons. And the fact of the matter is that usually a veteran or an advocate wouldn't get to the site to begin with if they didn't have some issues to resolve. Once they do, one way or another, some just don't have the interest any longer. I can understand that, but not sticking with it can result in short changing benefits they could be entitled to. Like not realizing a disability they have could actually be a secondary to one that is already rated. You learn that stuff by staying connected and reading other postings. Again, I was just trying to remind veterans to share a little of their good fortune. If you get back pay of a couple of grand, give  back a little so this forum can continue on and help others. It sure is a lot cheaper than just going to a lawyer right off the top.

It's hard for me to go over posts, but I try to support where I can.  I try not to be really angry with the VA, but that's incredibly hard. 

I've been in this slog with the VA since 2010.  I filed it, they denied it, I appealed it, they denied again, I appealed it and pointed out that the first denial improperly closed half of my claim (the stronger one, actually), just got a DRO appointment and he signed a document acknowledging the CUE and brought those parts of my claim back into play.  I filed documents with him in that appt in early March, but I don't know if they made it to my file or not.  Covid-19 shut everything down the next week and I still don't see those docs filed.  Time to send them via certified mail, return receipt requested just in case that "broken scanner" turned into "there are no documents that were filed at that time."

• HadIt.com Elder

SameOldSong I'm not sure what your question is, but I believe you should start it again under a new question. It is going to get lost on this thread. And again, I'm not sure if you are asking for advise or just making a statement.