VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Joey Ross I just had my HLR informal conference call and asked about this. They said HLR's are worked in the order in which they were received. Mine was received by the VA in April 2020 and is estimated to be completed this week. It looks like they are running around four months. A couple of other HLR posts within the past month are showing the same.

Of course, if the VA is having to request records from somewhere, perform new C&Ps, etc..., that would likely cause a delay.

If you are in a provably desperate situation such as homeless, terminally ill, etc... you can ask the VA to escalate your HLR.

• HadIt.com Elder

I just had one completed that was just about 4 months old old this month, so 4 seems to be average right now. Their target for HLR is supposed to be 125 days, so that fits as well.

7 hours ago, Vync said:

@Joey Ross I just had my HLR informal conference call and asked about this. They said HLR's are worked in the order in which they were received. Mine was received by the VA in April 2020 and is estimated to be completed this week. It looks like they are running around four months. A couple of other HLR posts within the past month are showing the same.

Of course, if the VA is having to request records from somewhere, perform new C&Ps, etc..., that would likely cause a delay.

If you are in a provably desperate situation such as homeless, terminally ill, etc... you can ask the VA to escalate your HLR.

Yeah I had a new C&P on the 7th of Aug. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, Joey Ross said:

Yeah I had a new C&P on the 7th of Aug. 

Based on what you posted, I had a feeling that is what happened. They do seem to be turning them around pretty quickly. I had a C&P on a different claim recently and it took them about one week to issue a decision, but that was on a supplemental. I don't see why they would do anything different on a HLR. After all, when you have a HLR that requires a C&P, it gains elements of a supplemental (i.e. new evidence = the C&P exam). I hope they find in your favor.

12 hours ago, Vync said:

Based on what you posted, I had a feeling that is what happened. They do seem to be turning them around pretty quickly. I had a C&P on a different claim recently and it took them about one week to issue a decision, but that was on a supplemental. I don't see why they would do anything different on a HLR. After all, when you have a HLR that requires a C&P, it gains elements of a supplemental (i.e. new evidence = the C&P exam). I hope they find in your favor.

They are doing stressor verification