Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

Ok, I got copy of C&P looks like 100%. They are doing stressor verification now. I'm already service connected for tinnitus. In the C&P for major depressive disorder it states, Medical diagnoses relevant to the understanding or management of the mental disorder, tinnitus, chronic pain. What does that mean? Is that stating service connection because of tinnitus?

1 hour ago, Berta said:

I have no doubt that you experienced stressors, and the pdf article you posted is good but it does not specifically refer to your unit- unless I missed that part.

In 2010 the older PTSD regulations changed.

They are here under a search and this and many BVA decisions reflect how the VA considers PTSD claims under the 2010 regulations:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2010/07/13/2010-16885/stressor-determinations-for-posttraumatic-stress-disorder

I certainly hope that, if VA said they would try to valid your stressor via JSRRC, I hope they had enough details from you as to time and place, unit, etc.

to do that. 

I cannot determine what specific stressor you have had that falls into the new regulations and I will try to find a BVA decision that quotes them ( my search here had so many pages to it- I didnt have time to find the exact thing I was searching for.)

Thank you, one of the stressors was the protest about us pulling out of Iraq. The book was about my units mission in Iraq. My squad was at the bridge when the protested started and we where there all day, watching kurds running their hands back and forth over the razor wire, plus other things that I want talk about. 

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as you name your unit date and location the event happen they can go back and check your story,  I had to do the same thing because I had no records of the operation I was in that caused my trauma/stressors but different Location different conflict different dates

I was in the Vietnam War  or as its known today conflict. 

I hope this link has their new address----I posted it here about 2-3 years ago ,but cannot find it yet.

https://www.rmda.army.mil/jsrrc/RMDA-JSRRC-Division.html

JSRRC Joint Services Records Research Center.

We have had a few vets here over the past 2 decades, whereby the VA told them that JSRRC could not verify their stressor.

I urged them to try with JSRRC themselves, and give them as many details ( as Buck correctly states) as possible.

In some of those few vets's situation, JSRRC did verify their stressor and the VA apparently had not even tried to ,via JSRRC.

Buddy statements as well can be incredibly important.

And also if a DD 214 is missing important awards, specifically ,awards or decorations such as receipt of the CAR, CIB or even PH, that too can be corrected with a DD 149, also available here at hadit.

6 hours ago, Berta said:

I hope this link has their new address----I posted it here about 2-3 years ago ,but cannot find it yet.

https://www.rmda.army.mil/jsrrc/RMDA-JSRRC-Division.html

JSRRC Joint Services Records Research Center.

We have had a few vets here over the past 2 decades, whereby the VA told them that JSRRC could not verify their stressor.

I urged them to try with JSRRC themselves, and give them as many details ( as Buck correctly states) as possible.

In some of those few vets's situation, JSRRC did verify their stressor and the VA apparently had not even tried to ,via JSRRC.

Buddy statements as well can be incredibly important.

And also if a DD 214 is missing important awards, specifically ,awards or decorations such as receipt of the CAR, CIB or even PH, that too can be corrected with a DD 149, also available here at hadit.

This is also been uploaded to my file

Kurd protest.pdf

I didnt realize you were with 3rd Battalion, 325th Airborne googled that and this popped up, if you need a buddy statement to prove a stressor.

https://army.togetherweserved.com/army/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=PublicUnitProfile&type=Unit&ID=4810

If you were a combatant or non combatant, the 2010 PTSD link I posted here shows you what the VA is looking for, in each situation.

I will search the BVA site to see if there are any PTSD claims there for the same time period in 325th Airborne, 3rd Battalion, to see if there are other claims similar to yours.

• HadIt.com Elder

If a Veteran was serving in a combat zone  rather or not he fired a weapon he is consider a combat brother VETERAN.

he should have no problems with his stressor  he sure don't won't to over do this...his unit and date and location should prove his stressor about the kurds doing injury to them self's or just in fear for his life by just being in that hell hole.

They should have a list from his unit with all the names that served in that unit on the dates and location he mention including his name and rank and MOS