Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

Ok, I got copy of C&P looks like 100%. They are doing stressor verification now. I'm already service connected for tinnitus. In the C&P for major depressive disorder it states, Medical diagnoses relevant to the understanding or management of the mental disorder, tinnitus, chronic pain. What does that mean? Is that stating service connection because of tinnitus?

• HadIt.com Elder

You can only be rated for one or the other  its PTSD or Depression?  if they both warrant 100%  then the VA will decided which one.  (Only one M.H. Rating)

Inferred means they have a statutory duty to give you the correct rating  when a Veteran is rated 100% and has another service connected separate condition  rating of 60% or higher   then ''Special Monthly Compensation'' comes in to play  the SMC S House Bound is another 375.00 with a dependent extra on top of your 100%payment  they add them together.

*NOTE , I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE $$ IS WITH DEPENDENT FOR THE SMC-S,  BUT ITS CLOSE TO THE 375.00

As for as I know if you guys have been together 6 months to a year  the VA considers you married in the way of "COMMON LAW MARRIAGE''But you may want to ask your VSO  or your representative about that  make sure.

I asked you a few questions in another thread, maybe last week but didn;t get a reply.

It regarded your stressor.

You stated somewhere here that you were in a photo that regarded the stressor.

Did you send VA a copy of that photo?

Were you able to give them details on the photo? Did the photo have a date stamped on the back of it, that could narrow down the time frame?

A diagnosis is only one half of a MH claim, the proven stressor is the second half of it.

Photos can be problematic.

They often do not reveal who, what, when and where.

Have you tried to obtain a buddy statement?

1 hour ago, Berta said:

I asked you a few questions in another thread, maybe last week but didn;t get a reply.

It regarded your stressor.

You stated somewhere here that you were in a photo that regarded the stressor.

Did you send VA a copy of that photo?

Were you able to give them details on the photo? Did the photo have a date stamped on the back of it, that could narrow down the time frame?

A diagnosis is only one half of a MH claim, the proven stressor is the second half of it.

Photos can be problematic.

They often do not reveal who, what, when and where.

Have you tried to obtain a buddy statement?

Yes ma'am, they have a copy of the pictures. They also have the book in 7 or 8 base libraries, or schools. The Blue Falcons strike. The protest where on July 13th or 14th. I'm the first one in the picture

257585_160564367342794_187176_o.jpg

Blue Falcons Strike Iraq 1991.pdf

I have no doubt that you experienced stressors, and the pdf article you posted is good but it does not specifically refer to your unit- unless I missed that part.

In 2010 the older PTSD regulations changed.

They are here under a search and this and many BVA decisions reflect how the VA considers PTSD claims under the 2010 regulations:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2010/07/13/2010-16885/stressor-determinations-for-posttraumatic-stress-disorder

I certainly hope that, if VA said they would try to valid your stressor via JSRRC, I hope they had enough details from you as to time and place, unit, etc.

to do that. 

I cannot determine what specific stressor you have had that falls into the new regulations and I will try to find a BVA decision that quotes them ( my search here had so many pages to it- I didnt have time to find the exact thing I was searching for.)

Here are the 2010 PTSD regulations :

https://www.co.sherburne.mn.us/DocumentCenter/View/229/New-Regulations-on-PTSD-Veterans-Claims-PDF

I worked in a vet center long ago and can understand that you might not want to share details here of your stressor(s) but the VA needs to have those details, so that they can verify what happened that caused the PTSD.

The regulation covers both combatants and non combatants and I will post this link in the PTSD forum as well, because it is very difficult to find here.