VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Hyrocodone

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I was given hyrocodone for tooth problem but discovered it takes the pain away for neuropathy in my feet. My feet are better than they have been in years. I wonder if I can get my Doc to prescribe one to go to bed on at night?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

If will work for a while and then you have to increase the dose. Also you will become dependent if you use it on a daily basis. I am dependent on percoset now and I trying to wean myself off it. Right now I am going through minor withdrawl symtoms. If you don't absolutely need the vicodin don't start. The long acting morphine is a better drug but it will turn your turds into concrete blocks. Hydrocodone also caused me to have mood swings. We all react differently. It does help with foot pain.

Pete

If will work for a while and then you have to increase the dose. Also you will become dependent if you use it on a daily basis. I am dependent on percoset now and I trying to wean myself off it. Right now I am going through minor withdrawl symtoms. If you don't absolutely need the vicodin don't start. The long acting morphine is a better drug but it will turn your turds into concrete blocks. Hydrocodone also caused me to have mood swings. We all react differently. It does help with foot pain.

I had a Dr. tell me to take it like it was candy before I was diagnoissed with fibro, yes you can get very dependent on it and most times it will not help for certain pain. My pain was still there I got very dependent, mood swings and drepression( to the point of trying to end it all ) before I got off of them. I find that the best pain medication is neurotin, but that is my feeling on it. IF you are taking vicodin be very careful like John999 said " WE All REACT DIFFERENTLY"

JohnM's Wife Dianne