VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rep for claim submitted wrong paperwork--Now what??

Rate this question

pattimelt

Question

I have been dealing with a rep from the state of TN, who has been working with me after my first Total Knee Replacement.  This was in 2018.  I have since had 2 revision surgeries on the SAME KNEE due to the implant loosening.  2nd claim for the temp 100% went well. When I sent him all the paperwork THIS year, he filed all the current paperwork EXCEPT the actual comp form from my community care doc.  He sent the 2019 form instead of the one from this year, so my claim is all screwed up!!!  I attempted to contact this rep, and either due to COVID or just him being lazy, he has not responded to either email or phone calls, so after he filed the wrong paperwork, we have had no contact.  I called the VA, and asked what I needed to do, and I sent in the correct paperwork, but now the VA is requesting a C&P exam, and I've been waiting 2 months to even get notification that I even HAVE an appointment!!!  In the meantime, I'm stuck still in rehab with this knee(which is AGAIN loose!!), and I cannot work. 

Is there ANYTHING I can do to make this move any faster??  I have contacted the company that is supposed to do the C&P, and the lady I spoke with said she would try to expedite my appointment, but that was 3 weeks ago, and I still have no appointment or info...

I'm so frustrated that the rep who is supposed to know how to do all this paperwork did it wrong, and that is why I can't pay my bills right now!!!  How are us vets supposed to live when the reps that are hired to help us screw up their job???

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They more than likely would have scheduled a C&P anyway. You are in the same boat as everyone else- every clinic or vender location is backed up for months- or not open at all. Not sure what you'd like them to do. They aren't going to rate you based just on your PMR's paperwork. 

Isn't there any way to tell a supervisor of the VSO that the VSO rep submitted the wrong paperwork??  I want to at least make sure he doesn't make the same mistake on another veteran that needs Comp paperwork done..