Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Original Induction Form

Rate this question

Marinr23

Question

Looking through my original medical induction papers. Does anyone know what this means "H-2-71" Defective Hearing. I put in a claim and was denied because they said that I had a prexisting Hearing problem before entry.My claim was denied. I was sent to Vietnam and placed with a 105 howitzer BN. Any help would be great.

Marinr23

Np. Good luck. File for tinnitus too if your ears ring or hiss, it's a fixed 10% rating and its requirements are pretty lenient. Make sure you mention it to your audiologist and c&p examiner, and what degree itt affects you with examples of when it's worse or what it makes harder to hear. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a hard time getting Tinnitus Service connected, I told my Audiologist about it every time they tested my hearing, no matter who did the hearing test, they all just shrug their shoulders, I would tell them about this buzzing humming sounds in my head  sounded like thousands of crickets on a creek bank  and it drives me crazy  especially at bed time.  IT IS CONSTANT AND NEVER STOPS...all they would say is

''Humm I don't know about that''

After Appeals  and a DRO Hearing  they finally Approved me.

I was rated for  50% in April of 2000 service connected for my hearing loss  by the VA Couple years after I was rated the 50%   I had tinnitus then & I mention it to them ...SO GO FIGURE??

but they still denied my tinnitus

They refused to listen to me....so I kind of feel I got cheated out of the tinnitus retro after they decided to give it to me...on May 7th 2003 I was granted a 30%increase  for my H.L.   &  10% for tinnitus... 40% Total Increase. for a 90% service connection for hearing loss and tinnitus.   the retro for the increase  they made  me TDIU P&T  AND MADE THE EED  go back only to Dec 20th 2002

about 33/34 months of 10% retro   would be nice hunk of change.

April 1st 2000  I had tinnitus  but never recieved it until Dec 20/2002

• HadIt.com Elder

D Code for tinnitus is =Code 6260.