Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This is for Buck52

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Buck, I know that you are trying to get a clearer picture of some of your C-File records. My suggestion would be that you write down the page numbers and then contact the VA and see if they can modify these pages for a better picture not to change the documents but just make them more legible. You can also wait to all this COVID stuff get a little better and then make an appointment to go to the local VARO and view your records in person.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

No worries,, good luck

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

When I reviewed my records some years ago I found what I thought was a really gross error.  I never realized how badly I was F'ed by the VA until I saw those 30 year old records.  I had never seen a copy of my original rating and the evidence they used and did not use.  It is worthwhile just to review your records.  A&A or a retro award seems the only way most of old timers can get more money out of the VA.  I say get every penny regardless of how you have to do it.

It's definitely important to keep track of your records and review them regularly to make sure everything is accurate.

On another note, have you heard of Smart Engines? It's a great app that uses automatic and eco-friendly document scanning and OCR to extract information from photos, scans, or live video without any data transfer. It's perfect for keeping your personal information safe and secure while still being able to access important documents and records.

Edited by Inakomislu

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@brokensoldier244th After a c-file is scanned in, do the originals get sent to some sort of warehouse for storage or are they destroyed?

@Buck52 20 year protection is definitely worth the effort. My pending BVA appeal is for the same reason due to evidence and regs being ignored which resulted in a lowball initial rating. Of course, I was granted an increase after I learned here that we could request increases...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Not sure, I think the originals go to NPRC. The scanning project has been over for some years, all soldiers over about the last 15-20 have records that start digitized from ENL. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

2 hours ago, Vync said:

20-year protection is definitely worth the effort. My pending BVA appeal is for the same reason due to evidence and regs being ignored which resulted in a lowball initial rating. Of course, I was granted an increase after I learned here that we could request increases...

Here is the problem, too much retro pay involved. I posted that the BVA granted me a 1998 effective date a few years ago but the VARO lowballed my rating percentage. I filed a disagreement and was granted a new remand to re-adjudicate for a proper rating percentage due to VAMC medical records not considered and or adjudicated and the BVA is moving like molasses. Based on this same idea, I filed a reopen claim for an EED of a different already service-connected disability and the VARO reopened my claim, sent me to a new/updated C & P exam for a medical opinion and when the examiner listed the VAMC medical records on my DBQ that supported my claim, the VARO completely ignored my request for an EED and the medical examiner's medical opinion. Now that claim/appeal is also waiting at the BVA. 

Based on my last award, the VA already awarded me a few extra years of TDIU prior to my 100% scheduler rating but now the frustration is kicking in. The VA has all the evidence plus medical opinion, but I am still on the hamster wheel. This is very important for veterans to review their files/records. I figured that those Not Well Grounded (NWG) claims back in the late 1990s would/could come back and help me later.

There are somethings in those handwritten VAMC progress reports that the VARO either refuse to search for or just completely ignore. When a veteran files a claim the VA is supposed to base their ratings on the symptoms the veteran file for and all the evidence they submit, and that the VA can find in their records.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.