Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

My daughter already got hers. Yes, Im grateful for that, and Im actually glad she got hers before I got mine.

I didnt get mine, and IRS.gov has no clue.  I know why this happens:

Our highly inefficient government.  

IRS doesnt have my banking information because I have not earned any income for a long time, so I dont get a tax refund.  Grrrr.

However, VA has been electronically depositing my checks for years, so they have it. Ditto for Social Security.   

So, why cant IRS, VA and social security  cooperate and share this information?  Who knows?  

Yep, I tried to update my banking information on the IRS.gov website.., multiple times.  Always a glitch.  

So, I will wait.  Im not gonna starve in the interim, but I feel "penalized" because SC disabilites prevent earned income, so the IRS uses THAT as an excuse to delay my check.  

Worse, the last 2 checks were "paper".  This is a magnet for thieves.  That is one reason checks (especially from the government) are not sent via paper very often anymore.  It would be easy for a thief to go down the street and steal paper checks, then make fake id's and cash em.  So, we would have to try to recover this which would take months or years.  

I guess Im having a bad attitude here, I should be grateful for the check.  Even if I have to wait.  Frankly, it does not take a rocket scientist for VA, IRS and social security to share that information.  These agencies seem to work together if/when they are trying to "nail" us, such as Vets who earn money and lie to VA about it.  They get the social security records, and know cheaters almost instantly.  Well, Im not a cheater, so why do I have to wait?  

You’re not alone my brother. 1st stimulus was a  paper check because I missed out a number on my banking account. That very same day when I realized this mistake, I was able to go back in and fix it. Next stimulus was direct deposited, which means my correction went thru. Now we get to this one smh...the same mistake happened but on their end this time. Idk how they were able to use the same acct # that I made a mistake on the 1st time, when I changed it beats the mess out of me.

Edited by Bluntly

6 hours ago, Buck52 said:

it also could be that who ever the distributors are of these stimulus checks either by paper check or direct deposit needs to be allocated the $$ before they can send anything.....> its the Goverment that's the problem.

Buck, when the first stimulus checks came out, I uploaded my banking information into the IRS system. I did not have to do anything for the second check that went straight into my account. I still don't have this third check, but the funny thing is early this week I got a letter from the IRS stating that they deposited that $600 stimulus check in my account, but I got this letter back in January when the check was actually deposited into my account, so I am still thinking where is my check. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well one problem is  we have a New Administration in the White House.

I just gave up hope  and if and when the stimulus checks arrive   then were good to go...I am going to stop looking forward to it.

just another thing to worry about.  we either get it or we don't.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

On 3/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, pacmanx1 said:

We should all know that non-tax filers, disabled veterans and social security recipients will get their payments last, that is nothing new.

I am aware that some have already received their third stimulus check but the last of off may have to wait until the last week of March. Scroll down to: When will my Stimulus Check Arrive? Almost two weeks after the first payment went out and close to the 1st of the month. 

Social Security Stimulus Check Update - Social Security Benefits (socialsecurityportal.com)

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.