Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

My daughter already got hers. Yes, Im grateful for that, and Im actually glad she got hers before I got mine.

I didnt get mine, and IRS.gov has no clue.  I know why this happens:

Our highly inefficient government.  

IRS doesnt have my banking information because I have not earned any income for a long time, so I dont get a tax refund.  Grrrr.

However, VA has been electronically depositing my checks for years, so they have it. Ditto for Social Security.   

So, why cant IRS, VA and social security  cooperate and share this information?  Who knows?  

Yep, I tried to update my banking information on the IRS.gov website.., multiple times.  Always a glitch.  

So, I will wait.  Im not gonna starve in the interim, but I feel "penalized" because SC disabilites prevent earned income, so the IRS uses THAT as an excuse to delay my check.  

Worse, the last 2 checks were "paper".  This is a magnet for thieves.  That is one reason checks (especially from the government) are not sent via paper very often anymore.  It would be easy for a thief to go down the street and steal paper checks, then make fake id's and cash em.  So, we would have to try to recover this which would take months or years.  

I guess Im having a bad attitude here, I should be grateful for the check.  Even if I have to wait.  Frankly, it does not take a rocket scientist for VA, IRS and social security to share that information.  These agencies seem to work together if/when they are trying to "nail" us, such as Vets who earn money and lie to VA about it.  They get the social security records, and know cheaters almost instantly.  Well, Im not a cheater, so why do I have to wait?  

They only just started depositing oner the weekend. Mine just deposited yesterday. As far as verification I have no idea but VA and irs only share earnings information not account numbers. Lots of people have multiple accounts-irs cant just assume based on something they get from some other databases please there is a reason for it and there is no legal reason drafted right now for then to cross reference bank account numbers. 

Plus some people don't want other money comingled with disability accounts, especially if in garnishment, child support, or bankruptcy. It messes with the protection of disability funds from siezure. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

We never got the 600.00 Stimulus  checks that came out last summer...so we checked the IRS web site  there's a particular IRS# YOU CAN CHECK WITH OR INTERNET SITE.

Anyway my son did our taxes  Monday3/15/20 he filed them electronically (which we never get anything back) and it said we were getting a 12.00 $$ stimulus return on our tax return...plus the 1.400.00  stimulus checks for me and my spouse  each one of us get the 1400  plus the 600.00 we didn't get back last summer. = 4.000.00 big ones   Oh Yeah!!!!!!!   I mean Yahoooooooooooooo🤠 🔔🔔🔔🔔    means new👟's for me  Hot Dame

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Same boat as you. Hubby and I haven’t received any of the stimulus. We were told since we don’t file taxes that the VA would forward this info to IRS and NOTHING. Told do submit non-filer in April 2020 and nothing. Called VA and nothing. Called IRS a few times and no one knows nothing. Finally told to do taxes to claim recovery credit 4 weeks ago and still NOTHING. Been calling IRS and due to high call volume I couldn’t get through. At this point there is nothing more then I can do. At least the deceased and prison inmates are not having an issue getting their stimulus. Lol I hope your able to resolve and receive your stimulus. 

~~ Caroline Montgomery ~~

We should all know that non-tax filers, disabled veterans and social security recipients will get their payments last, that is nothing new.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

The idea is, Pacman, that, even if we dont file taxes (I do), and we dont get a tax refund ( I dont), we "should" be able to put our payment (banking) information on the IRS.gov website.  Naturally, that does not work, altho I have tried at least twice to do so.  

• HadIt.com Elder
18 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

We should all know that non-tax filers, disabled veterans and social security recipients will get their payments last, that is nothing new.

Personally Pacmanx1  I don't think it matters rather we pay taxes or not  our VA Compensation is tax free $$$  as long as we file every year, they most likely go by alphabetical order as they come across names ,they have expensive machines that sort out the names, they have been people who don't pay in taxes  and have received their stimulus  as well as a person that does pay in taxes   most of us Veterans  have paid into the system and our names should be in the pile  just as anyone else..

it also could be that who ever the distributors are of these stimulus checks either by paper check or direct deposit needs to be allocated the $$ before they can send anything.....> its the Goverment that's the problem.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!