Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability rating question

Rate this question

Joe Medoro

Question

Recently I received an increase for one of my service connected disabilities. I have four ratings: 70%, 40%, 30% and 10%. According to the ratings chart, I should have a total combined rating of 90%. E-benefits is still showing 80%. I am waiting for my decision letter, however, I’m confused why it’s still showing 80%.
Does anyone have any insight?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck

I did have 90% with P&T.  I filed a claim for an increase to document that my DMII had gotten a lot worse.  I was not expecting to get an extra 50-80% for PN.  This put me over the 100% level.  So no increase in money but it is good to get the schedular 100% after 20 years.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that John..its a damn shame we have to fight for the 100% took me 14 years to get it. and al along I should have got it in the first place. I mean if a Veteran is 90%  why not just go on and make him 100% scheduler.

Its hard to get 100% once your rated at 90%  even  70% / 80%    that Veteran is still in Bad shape.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

Its hard to get 100% once your rated at 90%  even  70% / 80%    that Veteran is still in Bad shape.

Buck, I was 90% and then I got a new separate 40% rating that pushed me up to 95% and the VA rounded up to 100% scheduler P & T. I think it only took me about two years to go from 90% to 100% because I had multiple claims in and a few on appeal. Since my ratings were so high, I did not want to take the TDIU because I thought I could go back to work but by the time VA rated me 100% It was no sense in me trying to go back to work because I knew that there was no way I could get up and work five days a week, eight hours a day. I had just finished my degree and I was barely attending my classes and all I had to do was to go two days a week five hours a day. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That Pacmanx1

I know a Veteran that is 70% S.C.   been that for about 8 years now   and he is total disable by the SSA  However he is still fighting the VA.