Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Question

Rate this question

Bhut

Question

Hello all,

I have been lurking on the board for a few years, a lot of good advice here for sure.  I received a letter a couple of days ago from the VA stating that I have been approved for TDIU.  I was rated at 80%, or still may be not sure.  Reading the letter it says the criteria for TDIU have been met, it does NOT say anything in the letter about being permanent and total.  I called the VA today but the lady on the phone seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.  My question is with my new TDIU award will my wife be eligible for any medical benefits, educational benefits, etc?  Thanks in advance for any input.

Also chap 35 goes directly to them and their account, va won’t even talk to you about it- it’s the child dependent's benefit not yours, you just sponsor it- make sort of sense?

Edited by brokensoldier244th

My wife is trying to get in touch with the financial aid office at her school, the school is a total nightmare to deal with.  They cannot even return her emails timely, it has been two days since she contacted them.  My award says the effective date is July 2017, too I am thinking they may pay back what we paid to the school since she started 15 months ago.  Not the end of the world if they don't but would obviously be nice.

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet 

I think he is not asking how to get the TDIU P&T HE GOT APPROVED FOR IT.

BUT RATHER OR NOT WILL THE VA reinverse them as to what they have paid for his spouse education  will the VA BACK PAY THEM FOR WHAT THEY HAVE PAID SO FOR,  FOR HIS SPOUSE EDUCATION  SINCE HE GOT THE TDIU P&T?

I KNOW THEY WILL FOR MEDICATIONS IF THEY KEPT THE RECIEPTS , BUT FOR EDUCATION ALLOWANCES OR TITUTION FEES/BOOKS  ECT,,ECT,,, I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE?

Edited by Buck52