VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

OK, I need some advice. I started a HLR in March 2020, and had a new C&P in August of 2020. VA has been waiting on records from JSRRC since then. By my MOS (11B1P), and awards (SWASM, etc.) , plus being in a combat zone and my C&P I'm uploading, should I file to have the VA process my claim with what they have, or wait for them to finish with the records request that could take God knows how long.

Edited by Joey Ross

1 minute ago, Berta said:

Interesting- they said "possible verification of  stressor as needed".

Maybe they realised they have enough.

That's why I'm stuck between waiting on VA JSRRC records or having them process with what they have

Yes- that is very frustrating!

I wonder, due to COVID, if your VARO actually contacted JSRRC.

I wonder if this link would get you a response,from JSRRC, if JSRRC has been contacted by VA.

https://ice.disa.mil/index.cfm?fa=card&sp=137789&s=9&dep=*DoD

I wonder as well how many other veterans claims are being held up by JSRRC backlog.

When vets google their complete unit designation- they can often find a Unit History that would reveal info they need to support their claim.

You would think the ROs could do that as well, because many vets don-t even use a PC, but that is wishing for a miracle,to expect VAROs to do it.

For exmaple this took me about 3 seconds :

My husband was in !stMarDiv ,Ist Amphibious Tractor Battalion ,DanangVietnam 65-66:

https://www.1stmardiv.marines.mil/Units/3D-AABN/History/

When he used a DD 149 to see if all of his decorations were on the DD 214, he got more decorations, to inlclude most of those listed here in the link.and a DD 215 to be attached to his 214- these days I think they send th DD 215 and you don't need to use the older DD 214.

http://www.amtrac.org/1atbn/1atbn.asp

This link tells more - the 3rdMARDIV was changed to 1stMarDIV by Admiral Zumwalt at th beginning of the Vietnam War.

The DOD sent my husband all of the decorations, etc except for the Vietnamese Government medals and he had to buy them on line and I also bought them again when my daughter graduated from BT Lackland ( USAF Intel 7 years) at the Lackland Tx. commissary-and my daughter used them for a beautiful display in a shadow box of his Service info, photos, etc.  

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes  this is enough Evidence to render a decision I would think, but they failed to develop your claim using the DTA (Duty TO Assist)

Looks as though now they will need to figure out which one to service connect   the Depression with mixed anxinety disorders  or Service connect the PTSD  i would think with the stressor is in tact they would rate you with PTSD..WE CAN ONLY HAVE ONE MENTAL DISORDER and PTSD would be the higher of the two  unless they decide the mixed anxiety disorder carries a higher rating ?

They are suppose to give the Veteran the highest rating possible...Now when they send you a decision be sure to check the EED  when you first filed  they should go back to that date  for rerto and start your EED.   although you have been diagnosed with two mental disorders  only one can be service connected for compensation purposes but you can have a diagnose for the other.

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Yes  this is enough Evidence to render a decision I would think, but they failed to develop your claim using the DTA (Duty TO Assist)

Looks as though now they will need to figure out which one to service connect   the Depression with mixed anxinety disorders  or Service connect the PTSD  i would think with the stressor is in tact they would rate you with PTSD..WE CAN ONLY HAVE ONE MENTAL DISORDER and PTSD would be the higher of the two  unless they decide the mixed anxiety disorder carries a higher rating ?

They are suppose to give the Veteran the highest rating possible...Now when they send you a decision be sure to check the EED  when you first filed  they should go back to that date  for rerto and start your EED.   although you have been diagnosed with two mental disorders  only one can be service connected for compensation purposes but you can have a diagnose for the other.

OK wish me luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

I truly think you got this  👍

BUT REMEMBER YOUR DEALING WITH THE VA :huh:

Good Luck ,😊

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I truly think you got this  👍

BUT REMEMBER YOUR DEALING WITH THE VA :huh:

Good Luck ,😊

Thanks to everyone that took the time to talk to me about my claim. It's good to know I have fellow Veterans that have my back