Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability permanant or not?

Rate this question

Ranmic

Question

Hi everyone!  I've read over all of my disabilities (4 total) and I cant seem to find if they are classified as "permanent" or not.  The paperwork that came with my approval letters didn't state one way or the other nor do I see any indication on the "eBenefits" site.  Does anyone know how I can determine if my disabilities are permeant or not?  I'm assuming with no clear statement either way that would lead me to think they are not permeant.

Thank you!

I can follow that but when the VA sends a veteran a copy of their C-file including a copy of their CD C-File, the pages are numbered and those pages can then be used as evidence of record to support their claim.

Yes- but the point is that the Cfile on our side is not arranged in any way like the CD that Janesville generates. They pull down all the documents and collate them to be burned to the disk on their side. That is not what we see on ours. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess what brokensolider is meaning   when he gets our records its like looking for a needle in a hay stack  and he has his work cut out for him  vs we veterans C-file are numbered, on each page at the top, this is to include any copies or recopies...duplicates ect,,ect,,,   all of my pages are numbered  I have about 4000 pages in my c-file half of those are most likely duplicates/copies.  and most are duplicates of school paying copies  and pages related to when I went to school on the G-I-Bill   back in 1974 -78 it even  has my marriage license certificate in it,  back in those days we had to prove our dependents  and my sons birth certificate's are in it

Having our pages in our C-FILE MAKES IT SOME WHAT EAZIER TO FIND THINGS USING THE ADOBE ACTROBAT PRO READER..IF YOU KNOW WHAT PAGE  SOMETHING IS ON.ect,,,ect,,

TO ME THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS HAVING ALL OUR RECORDS IN IT THAT WE NEED AS EVIDENCE TO HELP WITH OUR CLAIM.

I use Reader a lot. Problem is is that a lot of the older documents were scanned as images and the converted to PDF so Adobe's OCR (optical character recognition) is lousy. On newer documents that were created with Adobe its great, I can search the documents any number of ways, but the older stuff I have to eyeball, so, yeah, needle in a haystack sometimes. That one entry for Camp Lejeune duty on an endsheet in an uploaded personnel file gotten from the national archive where the entry is literally a rubber stamp- that kind of stuff. Personally, im high functioning autism spectrum, so I look for patterns in documents. I can visually pull a DD214 pretty easily from the preview images of a PDR just by scrolling because of the distinct pattern of what the document 'looks' like. If It's an older vet than 20-30 yrs ago, though, I look through all of it because DD214s have changed over the years. There are other things I look for too, like, anything with handwriting on it in an STR is most likely an encounter note, so I zoom in on it quick and try to read it (the rumor is true-Dr/APN/Corpsman handwriting SUCKS- I think its a requirement). Anything that looks like a list could be a roster or deck log, profile forms, etc. Those documents I can find pretty easily because I have most of them in my own file so I remember what they look like. VAMC records are great, too, because I look directly at the system through a viewer and I print directly to PDF. Easily searchable for keywords on a list that I have typed up on a Windows "Sticky" note saved to my computer desktop, and the list grows every day as I find better words to search for. I also have an electronic copy of medical jargon and medical 'symbols' and abbreviations that I use a lot.

I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just trying to present what it is that we look for and how, and how your Cfile actually looks like when going through it. I love computers, I love the ability to do a lot of things computerized, but sometimes I wish I had a folder in front of me that I could look through instead. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I wished that when they copied our C-FILE over to a CD  the copy machine they used  don't copy all of the pages.  and I wish it did....if its hen scratch or written in light pencil (back in the old days) a VSO /Dr.s would use anything  to write with   and especially those light pencils   which this copy machine or whatever its called that transforms these paper documents into a CD  don't copy all these pages, so if the machine lets them know it copied it  but didn't turn out enough to read   they would make paper copies and send them to the veteran  I have numerous pages in my C-file Disk that is just blank or hen-scratch...can't tell what it is  but the VA date stamp Seal is copied good.

They need to fix this...eh!

I think they are suppose to keep all our paper copies/Documents. and store them some place?

At Nara. The scanning is not done by hand, its run through an automated scanner for bulk scanning, most likely. NARA fields requests for records from anyone- family members looking for verification of svc for burial, replacement/documentation of medals, VA requests for disability compensation claims, etc. Thats where the paper records are- in giant buildings that look like where they put the Ark of the Covenant in "Raiders of the Lost Arc" is how I imagine it. :-).  Janesville can automatically download any of the files in your Claim file and scan it, in whatever condition it was when it was scanned. NARA (national archives) doesn't do C files, they do original records.