Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spouses ID card

jfrei

Question

Asked my wife upon reading on here about here ID card which expired 4 days ago lol. So mine says it never expires, will both my children which are my biological kids get I’d cards and will theirs expire?

What do your kids ID cards say?  

My best guess is that they will also expire.  Sometimes, its an exercise in futility to try to figure out "why" VA does stuff.  Why do they issue id's for Vets that dont expire, but dependents expire?  Who knows.

Possibly, Vets get divorced..and if their spouse id does not expire, she could keep using benefits that she may not be entitled to.  As far as kids...well, again in divorces sometimes kids are taken away and adopted out, and they are no longer your depenedent.  (not often, tho).  

It's important to make sure that they are up-to-date and valid, as they can often be necessary for things like travel, employment, and accessing certain services.

While I understand that this may be a common issue for many people, especially young adults, you can check this article https://fakeyourdrank.com/state/California-fake-id

Edited by kristophestucker

• Community Owner

If you are talking about DOD ID if you are a 100% vet yours doesn't expire. If you are a dependent it expires every 5 years. (New Rules New ID Card last year)