Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal timeline

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Just thought I'd throw my timeline out there for everyone,  mine seems kind of weird compared to the norm.  Not sure what's going on, or if this is just how AMA is going.

July 31, 2020- Supplemental claim denied

August 7, 2020 - NOD filed, requested hearing

January/February 2021 - Virtual hearing scheduled for May 2021

May 24, 2021 - Virtual Hearing Held, Same day status was changed to "Your appeal was distributed to a Veterans Law Judge" and then "A judge is reviewing your appeal"

Status has not changed to "Your appeals file is open for new evidence"

June 2, 2021 - submitted the remainder of my evidence and a statement waiving the remainder of my 90 days to submit evidence.  No further changes as of today.

Another small update.  I was informed that on the 15th the judge and/or his staff was requesting the hearing transcripts be made available to them as soon as possible.

Edited by SPO

Filed NOD Nov 27 2018

SOC Aug 07, 2019

Form 9 Sept 27, 2019

Appeal sent to BVA May 26, 2020

Called BVA this morning and was told there working on appeals from June of 2019 and earlier. She also said I was requesting a tele-conference, which I didn't. When I told her that she checked again and agreed I hadn't requested one. I asked her why it showed up that way and all I got was "Oh, I guess that's just the way the system does it."

@McRay That is the same with me. I requested an appeals hearing and it has me marked as a video conference. I did not request one, but, I do not know if this is needed or necessary at this point or not. I'm just hoping that it will not hold up my appeal anymore. I have heard that it can take almost a year-I filed in April of this year, so we shall see.....

I had a virtual hearing, but I had to request it.  Va.gov said teleconference for me too.  Once I requested it through DAV, I was scheduled the next day.

I talked with my claim mgr about the teleconference listing and she said it's happening a lot. Some sort of default setting for the software.

Followed up with VA today.  According to them, they are still waiting on the transcripts from my hearing from May 24, 2021.  They requested them on June 15, 2021.   Also spoke to DAV, and they said the status they saw was my case was "Pending Dispatch" .  Any ideas what that means?

Edited by SPO