VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal timeline

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Just thought I'd throw my timeline out there for everyone,  mine seems kind of weird compared to the norm.  Not sure what's going on, or if this is just how AMA is going.

July 31, 2020- Supplemental claim denied

August 7, 2020 - NOD filed, requested hearing

January/February 2021 - Virtual hearing scheduled for May 2021

May 24, 2021 - Virtual Hearing Held, Same day status was changed to "Your appeal was distributed to a Veterans Law Judge" and then "A judge is reviewing your appeal"

Status has not changed to "Your appeals file is open for new evidence"

June 2, 2021 - submitted the remainder of my evidence and a statement waiving the remainder of my 90 days to submit evidence.  No further changes as of today.

Thanks for the heads up.   Vets are always asking "how long does it take VA to.....".  My answer is the same:

VA will complete your claim (or appeal) NOT ONE SECOND before they WANT to complete it.  

And, unfortunately, the VA rarely "moves quickly".  So, they "dont wanna" do it very fast usually.  

There is all this talk about "the claims backlog" but that talk is ongoing since year 2002, when I applied.  (19 years ago).  It took the BVA about 18 months, from time of NOD, to BVA decision, back in 2002.  

Im not sure that has changed all that much, except gotten worse.  

I put in for an appeal to the BVA Dec. 7, 2020.  June 8, 2021 I had the BVA make a decision on my case.  I haven't received the decision yet in the mail.  It's for a higher rating back paid to the early 90's.  I thought this was very fast.  I was expecting years.  I'll keep you updated what the decide when I get their decision.

The Board provided me with a virtual hearing in front of a VLJ in January 2021.

Still waiting on the VLJ to render a decision.

15 minutes ago, 63Charlie said:

The Board provided me with a virtual hearing in front of a VLJ in January 2021.

Still waiting on the VLJ to render a decision.

i had one in august 2020...i got my decision in april 2021...

Somewhat of an update.  I called VA to make sure they received all my evidence and the rep said their status as of May 27, 2021 is "drafting a decision".  Now I'm not sure if that's just different wording from my status on VA.gov or they are actively working on writing a decision.

I feel for every case that is waiting for a judgement to be rendered.

I have a question?

Is the Board of Veteran Appeals a part of the government system.

If it is, the long waits can attributed to government workers not fully being back at work.

I thought I saw something where the White House sent notices to government agencies to plan/prepare for workers to return.

Hopefully they will return before too long so decisions can be made and forwarded to veterans.

Until then, PERFECT THAT CLAIM.

Medical evidence wins.

NEVER GIVE UP

🤠