• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting back on Hadit

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello everyone

I am sorry I have not been on in a while,   just some unusual circumstances I had to take care of   after I lost my wife to Robitic Lung Desease. (its a desesase that basicly frezzes the lungs and keeps them from inflating to breath create oxygen to breath) , they tried everything under the sun  to no avail  , After 3 weeks on the Vent and  being sedated and parylized   they had to take the ventialtor out and she lasted about a minute  before she passed.  I never got to speak to her in the hospital  but I did talke to her  and hope she could hear me  it was a very sad time  and I hope none of you have to go through that.

This has change me and hopefully for the better   all you veteran out there that has a loving caring spouse  please help her more and more and take each day serious,  We never know when its our time  this flat floored me.

I plan on getting back to hadit  and hopefully help some lost vet that needs his benefits.  this is what Hadit is all about and making knew friends and enjoy each others commarodery  <ms...

I am ok just  been depressed and greiving lately...time will heal I hope   its hard  very hard to keep on going after losing my spouse of 48 years   she was my best friend and did most everything for me  she helped me with the VA  and type up a lot of letters for me, she was a wounderful person and knew most of ya'll ms Tbird and Ms Berta  broncovet and broncovet and asknod   jerald cook and john basser from the hadit podcast show  and all the great guest on the hadit podcast show like

Dr Craig Bashand all the VA ACCREDITH CLAIMS AGENTS   AND ALL THE KNEW PERSONAL WE HAVE HERE ON HADIT TODAY.. LIKE  GB Army and shrektank1  and some others I can't remeber their names but all you knew veterans please listen to what all these people are telling you guys  you can take their word to the Bank

These claims are somewhat harder /slower due to the covid 19 crap   but its getting better and better everyday, just be patient and hang in there  you will eventually win your claim/claims  never give up  thats what they want. don't let that happen.

ALSO you knew veterans and some of you regulars  please send in a donation help Ms T bird out  she helped us unconditionaly its our turn to help her.

Blessing to you all

Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I have not worked since 1999 I got VA 100% in 2002 , My spouse worked and made more than I did when I worked  and she should have paid into the SS system.

I got a small SS Retirement check at age 62   HER SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY  was based on her disability at age 56  she was declared total disabled by SSA  and was getting a disability payment until she turn 62.then it went  UNCHANGED she kept getting the higher amount  until she died.Oct 6th 2021.

After  her service and things settled down a little  I wrote to SSA and they sent me some forms to fill out I filled them out and awaiting their decision ? to get in part my wife SSDI?  beings my wife SS was much higher than what I am getting currently ,I hope they at least give me half of what she was getting   it was higher than my SSRetirement  I did not get SSDI ,  after I was totall disabled  at 100% in 2002  thats all I got until 2015  I filed a PTSD claim and got 70% that put me on the SMC S HOMEBOUND AN EXTRA 375.00 OR SO  A MONTH ADDED IN ON MY 100%  PLUS ANOTHER 10% FOR A e.d. claim service connected but at 0% but still pays the 125.00 month added in on my total VA COMPENSATION MONTHLY.

I AM 69 MY WIFE WAS 67 when she died SHE JUST HAD TURN 67 WHILE SHE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND UNDER HEAVY SEDATION.  SHE NEVER LEFT THE HOESPITAL ALIVE.

I DON'T THINK WHAT WE GET ON VA COMP matters to the SSA?  IF HERS WAS HIGHER THAN WHAT I GOT THEN i HOPE I GET HALF OR CLOSE TO 45/50%  THAT WILL HELP ME OUT WITH ALL THESE BILLS i AM LEFT WITH...WE NEVER KNOW WHEN WERE GOING TO DIE  SHE HAD A SMALL LIFE INSURANCE POLICY OF 10.000 PAID  IT PAID ME THE 10.000.00 BUT AFTER HER SERVICE  NOT MUCH LEFT   ALTHOUGH THE VA helped us out and let her have a plot space at the DFW NATIONAL VETERANS CEMETARY  WHERE i WILL BE LAID TO REST WHEN ITS MY TURN.

SSA Never paid any amount to us for her burial  ect,,,ect,,,  &stopped her SSDI CHECKS COMING.

I WILL FIND OUT HOPEFULLY SOON IF I AM ENTITLED TO ANY OF  HER PART  ? I MEET THE GUIDLINES SET BY THE SSA,

age , we were maried 48  consective years together 49 years, no  splits or away from each other,  we never had a fight  but we did agure at times as to which she always won those  but all in all we had a wonderful marrirge  I would do it all over again if I could and change nothing   well maybe her death  if I had anything to say about it.

its rough being alone I always wondered if she went before me how I would handel it     well its not eazy at times and I can't work or cleam house worth a darn   we had a house keeper coming every two weeks to claen the house   which hardley ever got dirty   but it is rougher than I atisapated ...but I got to keep on going.  and thats what I do  I attend chruch every sunday and help out  with Chritmas things but after Christmas I won't be as busy  and thats when it will more than likley hit me.  I see the VA shirinks on a regular basis every 2 weeks   by tele health  vedio sessions  I have a Hard time thinking which is why I don't get on here much...hopefully I will be ok in 2022  we'll see.

I do thank all my fellow brother Veterans male and female  thats on Hadit

for all your conceren and resposes to my late post.

Blessing to you All.

Oh , I sold  wife New Toyota Highlander XLE    AND GOT OUT OF THOSE CAR PAYMENTS   AT 568,72 MONTH  So that helps. 

Edited by Buck52

• Community Owner
On 12/14/2021 at 6:24 AM, broncovet said:

Well, I dont know much about social security and spousal benefits, but my wife applied for her deceased hubbies..and was denied.  I appealed pro se for her, but I should have hired an attorney...

Here is info on spouse benefits:

https://www.aarp.org/retirement/social-security/questions-answers/spouse-social-security.html

Social Security website says this:

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/quickcalc/spouse.html#:~:text=The spousal benefit can be,will receive a reduced benefit.

I have some experience with social security and SSDI. Probably the reason your wife was denied spousal death benefits is that she remarried.

• Community Owner

Buck52

As you are now 69 you need to have them put you on regular Social Security as you are now at your full retirement age. As your wife was making more money than you before she went on SSDI you are "eligible"  for her higher amount of Social Security benefits she earned. What most people do not understand is once you hit you retirement age you can go on Social Security from SSDI and should because it removes the restrictions that you get with disability payments. (Like income restrictions)

My mother collected on my fathers from the time he passed (1973) tell the time she passed (2010). 

I do not knew if you can get the widower benefit or not. I had a Vet Brother that got him self into a mess because he hired a Social Security attorney. (one of the ones who advertise on TV) He was the one who was the bread winner and earned more and applied for his SSDI at 65. Wail the attorney was dragging his SSDI claim out to get more back pay. (I think it took 2 1/2 years) he got his widower benefit @ about $900 a Mo.  Than the attorney got his SSDI @ about $1400 a Mo. Well once the Social Security attorneys get there money if they screwup your screwed.  Social Security came back on him because the attorney did not disclose that he was getting widower benefits and reduced his SSDI until he paid back the over payment. He appealed an got them to waive it. But her went through some rough times until the appeal went through. If you are still receiving her payments you need to file the death cert. with them as they WILL seek back payments for whatever they paid after her death.

Please PM me if you need help.