• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting back on Hadit

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello everyone

I am sorry I have not been on in a while,   just some unusual circumstances I had to take care of   after I lost my wife to Robitic Lung Desease. (its a desesase that basicly frezzes the lungs and keeps them from inflating to breath create oxygen to breath) , they tried everything under the sun  to no avail  , After 3 weeks on the Vent and  being sedated and parylized   they had to take the ventialtor out and she lasted about a minute  before she passed.  I never got to speak to her in the hospital  but I did talke to her  and hope she could hear me  it was a very sad time  and I hope none of you have to go through that.

This has change me and hopefully for the better   all you veteran out there that has a loving caring spouse  please help her more and more and take each day serious,  We never know when its our time  this flat floored me.

I plan on getting back to hadit  and hopefully help some lost vet that needs his benefits.  this is what Hadit is all about and making knew friends and enjoy each others commarodery  <ms...

I am ok just  been depressed and greiving lately...time will heal I hope   its hard  very hard to keep on going after losing my spouse of 48 years   she was my best friend and did most everything for me  she helped me with the VA  and type up a lot of letters for me, she was a wounderful person and knew most of ya'll ms Tbird and Ms Berta  broncovet and broncovet and asknod   jerald cook and john basser from the hadit podcast show  and all the great guest on the hadit podcast show like

Dr Craig Bashand all the VA ACCREDITH CLAIMS AGENTS   AND ALL THE KNEW PERSONAL WE HAVE HERE ON HADIT TODAY.. LIKE  GB Army and shrektank1  and some others I can't remeber their names but all you knew veterans please listen to what all these people are telling you guys  you can take their word to the Bank

These claims are somewhat harder /slower due to the covid 19 crap   but its getting better and better everyday, just be patient and hang in there  you will eventually win your claim/claims  never give up  thats what they want. don't let that happen.

ALSO you knew veterans and some of you regulars  please send in a donation help Ms T bird out  she helped us unconditionaly its our turn to help her.

Blessing to you all

Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Buck,
Prayers from my family to you as always. I'm working on trying to get my Vietnam vet father moving on the new AO stuff. The intent to claim is in, but we are finishing up gathering the records, buddy letters and such. As usual, I expect them to issue first round denials where they ignore either the facts or the laws/regs. Thanks for the info about the AO news letter. Take care!

• Community Owner
On 12/1/2021 at 10:59 AM, Buck52 said:

i AM TRYING TO SEE IF I AM ELIGABLE FOR ME WIFE  SS Benefits or at least half of what she was getting...it will definatly help me out.

Buck52 

You should absolutely be eligible for part of your wife's SS benefits.

From Social Security;

"If you’re already getting Social Security benefits or If you’re getting benefits as a wife or husband based on your spouse’s work. It will change your payments to survivors benefits when you report the death to SSA. If we need more information, we’ll contact you. If you’re getting benefits based on your own work, call or visit us. We’ll check to see if you can get more money as a widow or widower. If so, you’ll get a combination of benefits that equals the higher amount. You must complete an application to switch to survivors benefits. We also need to see your spouse’s death certificate. How much will I receive? We base the benefit amount on the earnings of the person who died. The more the worker paid into Social Security, the greater your benefits will be. Social Security uses the deceased worker’s basic benefit amount to calculate the percentage survivors can get. The percentage depends on the survivor’s age and relationship to the worker. If the worker who died was getting reduced benefits, we’ll base your survivor’s benefit on that amount. In most typical claims for benefits:

• A widow or widower, at full retirement age or older, generally gets 100 percent of the worker’s basic benefit amount;

• A widow or widower, age 60 or older, but under full retirement age, gets about 71-99 percent of the worker’s basic benefit amount"

If your wife earned more than you you can collect her higher social security amount.  There is also a widower benefit that you may be able to collect in addition to yours.

PM if you need help Brother.

Edited by Rattler767

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Guys

I am now in leigation with the SSA, THEY HAVE NOT DECIDED MY CLAIM FOR SURVIORS BENEFITS

WORKING ON THAT AT THIS TIME, I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT DECISON THE SSA Makes on this?

Some times they take after the VA.

Thank you guys for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Well, I dont know much about social security and spousal benefits, but my wife applied for her deceased hubbies..and was denied.  I appealed pro se for her, but I should have hired an attorney...

Here is info on spouse benefits:

https://www.aarp.org/retirement/social-security/questions-answers/spouse-social-security.html

Social Security website says this:

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/quickcalc/spouse.html#:~:text=The spousal benefit can be,will receive a reduced benefit.